Viva La Maria!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Finally, a time to sit down and yes, you got it — blog! Well, not that I haven’t been staying put for the past week, I’ve just been so engrossed reading the prequel (yes, there is!) to that infamous Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. It was all about the Illuminati and the Roman Catholic Church, aptly titled Angels and Demons. Even Dapoiee has been quasi-complaining for my silence and "disinterest" because I seem to lose touch with the real world. I was so engaged with the plots and schemes because it featured massive information about the Vatican, the Catholic history, science & technology and the Roman arts. The debate between the whole science and religion with the search for divinity and man’s-fundamental-desire-to-understand-how-we-came-to-be issue had been laid out so extensively, I couldn’t even believe it could be argued as such. Umm, not that I really gave it a thought. A must read. Go!

My parents’ visit went smoothly this time. Thank goodness! No bickerings between me and my mom. Yes! I’m also planning to go home next weekend for Vince’s birthday since the Cousin Club are all set to invade Ormoc City. Hopefully, I can bring mi novio so that he can further understand my personality based on being brought up in a conservative place where your business IS everybody’s. Geez. On the other hand, there’s no place like home so I’m still proud to be an Ormocanon. In spite of the flash flood that befell my hometown back in ‘91 that claimed 8,000 lives, we managed to prosper over the years with modern infrastructures here and there, as well as a new medical University, a 6,000-seater Superdome, high-class hotels, restaurants and malls. I wonder how the traffic is in the city provided that we have such small streets and absolutely no room for widening. I bet the motorcycles and tricycles are still causing headaches for 4-wheel vehicle owners. As for parking, well, nevermind. I’d rather walk since everything is just a walking distance. Comparably, Ormoc is almost just like MEPZ1 and MEPZ2 combined. You get the picture.

I’m experiencing a somewhat failing health lately. I have recurrent stomach pains and I feel like my head lacks oxygen! Although I am getting enough rest, I still think my system’s going down due to irregular meals. My parents think that I should get my gall bladder checked. Say what now? Well, I can’t blame them for trying to do what’s best because of my medical record. I’m only 22 but I’ve had endoscopy, colonoscopy, and even transvaginal ultrasound! I’ve been anorexic and I still have acid refluxes and heartburns from time to time. Isn’t that scary? Which reminds me, I need to go visit my ob-gyne — and I have 3 of them! So, eenie meenie miny mo…

Acquiring anime videos have also kept me busy recently. I have complete movies of Samurai X, Naruto, Inuyasha, Ninja Scroll and Trigun episodes 1-26. I’m still on the process of getting more movies so I’ll update the list when I have them. I feel like Japanese is my 2nd language now. Haha! I don’t mind learning it because it’s very interesting the way conversations are. It’s so full of emotions. YAMAAAA!!!

Work is pretty much the same, projects come and go and currently we’re conducting a survey on Internet service providers. The last couple of days we were doing political surveys for the upcoming November elections. I still don’t get the whole Democratic and Republican parties. Why the conflict of interests? Can’t we just all agree on doing the right thing for once and forget our own personal interests and what we personally think is good? So what’s with all this Hurricane Katrina aftermath mumbo jumbo…?

Wait, I see Dapoiee rummaging inside my worn-out-Mary-Poppins-like-white-LV bag. There’s so much crap in it and I don’t know what garbage she is gonna find. It’s almost 7AM and I’m freezing to death here at the Oregon booth. There’s one split-type A/C blowing right behind me and the another one to my left. I feel like my fingers are gonna break off any minute. Also, breakfast is not going to be in a quarter of an hour more. Achtung! Please email me if there are any new job openings that I could possibly apply for. I gotta get out of here.. fast!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images