The price I have to pay.

Friday, September 30, 2005

What annoys me so much is the fact that I’m paying thousands still
for my electric bill when in fact I have practiced cost-cutting in the
previous month (ask my dad!). It’s the same amount as the total amount
due of last month’s bill – only that I know I had
consumed much less… I hardly even turn the a/c on! Why is that? I
keep staring at the various figures on the paper and I still don’t get
it. Figures. Why am I paying so much for so less? It’s so depressing.

I need to get a high-paying job. The cost of living these days is so
expensive and we don’t get to enjoy life as much anymore. I’m living
the simple life, far from what I had when I was growing up with my
parents. Now that I’m living on my own, I’m paying the price for
independence and of course, the bills that come with it. Electricity,
water, grocery, gas, phone, you name it. I have no savings and I’m
broke as soon as I get my paycheck. Good thing I have a job but it’s
not quite as sufficient, simply inadequate. No matter how I reduce my
expenses per month, I still can’t get all my household budgetting
balanced so I end up spending more than what I’m actually earning. Damn
it!

The reason that this blog will be published at a later date/time
than I intended to is because Globelines DSL fucked up. So much for
unlimited internet (at 384 kbps) for only P995. I’ve called Tech
Support a gazillion times today and they’re still not finished fixing
whatever the hell happened to their ports here at the Mandaue area.
Hopefully they’ll be up and running before I change my mind about
posting this entry.

Dapoiee and I took the half-day option today and spent the morning at my place instead, regretfully leaving Insoiee
at work. We dozed off and were awaken by a rude hammering on our
next-door-neighbor’s bathroom tiles. So early to get a renovation done!
Don’t they realize that there are people essentially getting a shut-eye? It was barely past 8AM when that irritating pounding startled us. Only the banggoy
didn’t seem to be bothered by all that ruckus since he continued to
snore ever so mellifluously. It was also then I found out that the
internet was screwed since we had nothing better to do than go online
– only to be more disappointed when an intermittent disconnection on
the line was experienced leading to a total loss of dial tone! Now the
modem is blinking maddeningly at me.

I stayed home for the rest of the afternoon after I dropped Dapoiee off at the corner of Unionbank around noon plus the banggoy also left for work, and then I entrusted my car to Kuya Ariol
so he can get the door fixed and the spare tire put back in place. I
was then bugging Globelines Helpdesk to get my internet connected… hora mismo!
I got so bored that I watched TV!!! Me? Watched TV!!! Then I decided to
try on some of my old clothes to see if they still fit and
surprisingly, they did! I guess I was just imagining that I gained
weight. Maybe, maybe not. I was still trying to kill time after dinner
so I cleaned out my closet, literally, as well.

What is this world coming to? I was watching Fox News this evening
and there was this whole report on a missing 78-year-old woman, Frances
Graham. Geez. Who would kidnap an old lady at Home Depot? She must have
a lot of money for people to do such an outrageous thing to a poor
Senior citizen. Tsk tsk tsk.

Mmm. I smell good. Very Irresistible Givenchy… and *poof* I’m off on a date. Adios!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images