If the shoe fits...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

...BUY IT IN EVERY COLOR!


Doc Dr Martens 8-hole 1460 color

That is, if you can afford it.

I bought my first pair of Doc Martens ten years ago. Back in college, when everyone was being a rebel and DMs was a statement, I had to save up every cent I could from my allowance so I could buy THIS pair of boots. I've had boots back in high school, two of them actually. But those were the ones I would wear during Citizens Army Training (CAT) formation and the other steel-toed ones I would wear when it rained. However, they weren't the 1460 8-eye DMs! Not even close...



So why Doc Martens? Hello? I was a teenager then! What did you expect? I wanted to join the revolution! Since I had no job, I had to save up for it. And boy, was it worth every single penny!




That was probably the most expensive thing I bought with my own money back then and it was the best investment I've ever made in my college life... aside from graduating with flying colors, of course. I mean, where did my allowance really go? I have no idea. But whenever I look at my still alive and kicking pair of boots, I smile remembering the good ol' days.





And would you believe, 10 years later... I still have them!?!?


Doc Dr Martens 8-hole 1460 color


Yup, that's what makes a Dr. Martens! A friend of mine told me before that it is actually the Goodyear™ welted construction that gives the shoes its durability. But what I really like about these shoes are the air-cushioned soles that absorb shocks on rough and uneven surfaces, and then there is that cushioning pad that adds extra comfort under the ball of the foot. Can you say, Airwair!?














My mom would ask me why I wear these boots when it looks so heavy and uncomfortable. Alas! That's what most people who don't know the Doc Martens difference would think! However, once you try them on... you'd probably won't take them off. If that store in Cebu didn't close down, I'd probably own more Doc Martens than Havaianas. The brand now is like nowhere to be found! In my part of the world anyway... being geographically-challenged and all.


Doc Dr Martens 8-hole 1460 color

I wish more stores would carry the brand once more and have all those colors available. I bought black because I used my DMs as my everyday school shoes. I had quite a number of shoelaces for variety. As you can tell, my favorite are the red ones. :)


I remember this one time we were out on a tree planting activity and it was a little muddy on our way there. We had to climb up this hill and clumsy ol' me tripped. (Classic!) My newly pedicured toes would have been ruined and my feet would have hurt really bad had I not worn my DMs and thank goodness for a friend also wearing his DMs who grabbed me immediately... else we'd come tumbling down like Jack and Jill who should have worn a pair of Doc Martens when they went to fetch that friggin' pail of water. Tra la la, la la la la...

Two things you can never have too many of: Good friends and good shoes. ^_ ^



Doc Dr Martens 8-hole 1460 color



P.S. While on the subject of shoes, be sure to watch THE RED SHOES coming soon in theatres near you!






xoxo,
post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images