Pizza or Politics?

Friday, February 12, 2010

Normally I don't write about politics or anything related to our government because it makes me vomit depressed, but the recent blackout/brownouts or power outages had prompted me to blog about it. Why? Because it's annoying and I want to de-stress myself. Now I have a weird feeling these recent turn of events, blame it on the TransCo or whoever you want, I feel has something to do with the automated voting for the upcoming elections. Perhaps they want to do it the old way, maybe because cheating would be so much easier? The "dagdag-bawas" technique has been proven for so many years and had been carried out effortlessly. But what do I know about it, right? I'm just a common law-abiding citizen who does not know where my taxes go. (I don't pay much anyway because I freelance a lot. So yeah.) You know, this is one of the reasons why I shifted from my Political Science course. I figured everything I was taught in class will never happen in real life.
I guess I read and watch too many conspiracy theories to make me ponder this time. But it can't be helped. The signs are everywhere! I mean, I am here at the hotel, writing this piece, and the moment we arrived at the parking lot, I was like, "What in blazes is happening now? Too many cars with red-plates and single digit ones plus uniformed men here. Is there a convention or did these guys just find out how yummy the seafood pizza is at the hotel?"

Okay, the pizza at Sabins Hotel is great! You must try it. I'm not getting paid for this ad but hey, I blog about stuff I highly recommend. And if you don't like pizza much, try their clubhouse sandwich. It's pretty good for the price you have to pay. It's a hotel. Duh.

Anyways, back to the topic.
Better Ormoc (recently dubbed "Bitter Ormoc") has been hacked. Who hacks Facebook accounts? I know scorned ex-lovers and scammers do but as far as I can tell, the election heat is on! People are arguing about stuff that makes my nose bleed. I couldn't care less... so what kind of a citizen, am I? I don't know. Maybe I'm the kind who doesn't want to get involved in politics. It's too... chaotic. Case in point, the Maguindanao massacre. Too many lives at stake, and less is spared.
I remember almost failing my Finance major subject back in college. The teacher and I were arguing about our currency, until it reached to the point where I blurted how I hated getting freedom from the United States. I mean, we'd be freaking US citizens by now and we have USD to spend! But instead, we have a bad economy to deal with and rampant graft and corruption throughout the country. I swear, man... It makes me depressed thinking about it. So I'd rather not dwell on this subject and go back to my world, eating rainbows and pooping butterflies. Trust me, it's a much happier thought.
So is there light at the end of the tunnel? I'm not sure. I hope so but I don't really want to count on it because I might need a shrink then, and mental health medications don't come cheap. Oh well, better get down on my knees and PUSH (pray until something happens).
In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and stuff myself with all the carbohydrates I can because the next thing you know, there might be a shortage of rice again. Pretty ingenious stuff to divert the people's attention to from the much bigger problems this country has... and don't get me started on this one. Did you know somebody won the freaking 200 Million Peso lotto last night? And when I said somebody, it means just ONE lucky sonovabitch! Gawd, I just find that really hard to believe.
Okay, I'll shut up now because I don't know, maybe I don't want to die? I'd like to get married and have kids until some kind of crazy newly-discovered disease without a cure gets me in my old age.

P.S. This blog is not carefully thought out. It was written in less than 15 minutes, so don't start questioning my opinions because THIS IS MY BLOG and I will write what I want here. Now, off you go...

post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images