Nostalgia: You have 1 message received.

Sunday, June 05, 2011



Gone were the days when texting was the "IN" thing. Ten years ago, my handyphone bills would skyrocket up to 4K a month and 3K of that is charged to SMS. There weren't any unlimited plans back then. And if you were hooked to text messaging like I was back in college, you'd be eating forwarded messages for breakfast. I would copy those messages to a notebook for the heck of it (and well, maybe I just had too much free freaking time on my hands before).





It took quite the effort to get someone's mobile number especially to ask for it personally. There was no Facebook nor Friendster where you can stalk someone and search for their mobile numbers. Back then, you had to muster up guts and turn a deaf ear to other people's sungog or teasing.



*sigh* Those were the days.

BUT TODAY... all that has changed. Chat has ultimately evolved and there are plenty of messengers available in the market today for all the different mobile phones available. The best, however, is this one:



So you see, with BBM there's more to mobile phones than just the average messaging services. For one, and I think this is why many people have chosen the BBM path, you get notified when your messages have been read. Ever had that feeling when you sent an SMS and you don't get a reply within a day or two? Sent messages in your inbox would feel worthless. So you send the same message again and again, eventually getting you labeled as a psycho/stalker. Well, that awkward feeling is nonexistent with the BBM service. Your message gets a D beside it telling you it has been delivered and of course, it turns into an R signifying that your message has been read. Now if you still don't get a reply... then you can take a hint. ;)



Aside from that really cool feature with the BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), the best thing about it is it's FREE when you're subscribed to the service... meaning no additional SMS costs! Imagine if I had BBM back in college? I wouldn't have to be paying 3 grand just for text messaging! Sheesh. I feel I was born way too early. ~_~

BBM has a unique PIN, too. Swapping numbers are a thing of the past. PINS are in!!! Ever seen on of those 2D black and white images like this one below? (FYI: that's not my PIN!)



Alright, if you're still not very convinced that the BlackBerry Messenger is heaven sent, well, it works wherever you are in the world as long as you have availed of the service. You don't have to sign up and you don't even have to log in! You're always available if you choose to be! Come to think of it, long distance relationships have become so much easier now with BBM. Why... if Noodle Boy and I had BBM back when we were miles and miles apart, we could have saved a lot from all the international call charges!!! *sigh* How lucky are the ones today with BBM?! I mean, seriously!



Love, relationships, and the dating game to be more specific have been altered significantly with the advent of the BBM. Blackberry users are so blessed with it. And Blackberries don't just scream your status in life. Nowadays, Blackberries aren't just for serious business anymore. Now, you can really have fun with it... and be assured that you're under a really secure network thanks to RIM.

Having a BB is like having a personal secretary that is your BFF at the same time. With all the multimedia capabilities a BB is able to handle these days, i.e. photos, music, etc. then Jack doesn't have to be all work now... Jack doesn't have to be a dull boy. Jack is able to play!!!

As in the case of Phil Younghusband, watch this:



With so many kinds of Blackberries to choose from, including ones that easily fit the budget, I can see my future now with a BB every so vividly -- along the lines of a BlackBerry Bold 9780.



How about you? According to Carlo Ople, editor-in-chief of of Unbox.PH"It’s reliable, sturdy, sophisticated, social, and modern." Well, don't you think having a Blackberry makes your digital life so much better?



P.S. Check out Blackberry Pilipinas on Facebook! And if you fancy going for a testosterone-filled ride, visit Unbox.PH on Facebook, too!

xoxo,
post signature

Note: Photos are from various sources on the web unless it contains my watermark.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. excellent post mai!  youre bagging this one! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BBM is really great. It saves me a lot of my hard earned cash because I can send messages to friends and family for free! GO BB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... Since I've been using the BBM one year ago I am no longer socially dead. Thank u BBM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be buying this phone soon! Wait ko lang end of the month for my salary. thanks for posting this BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's BBM when you get urs! I'll email you my pin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my life  changed with BBM. let's swap pins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my BB! No reason not to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought a BOLD 9780 and this is the best fone in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I super like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOWOWOWW!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images