Total Eclipse (of the heart?)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Last night's total LUNAR eclipse was not to be missed, that is if you aren't pregnant. In my case, living in a society where superstition is a tad more prevalent than alcoholism, where culture has taught us to be wary of things without any scientific explanations, then staying indoors during a LUNAR eclipse (a total one at that) is a definite MUST! Unless you want to hear your elders scold you endlessly or you don't mind upsetting your loved ones...

So I missed it. Then again, I didn't want to take my chances or risk my baby's life. I wore red and put a red cloth on my tummy (even tied a red ribbon across my belly), and also placed a safety pin and a metal key near my abdomen.



Weird ain't it?

But from where I come from, even in Facebook so many have testified and warned me so I dare not break even the most ridiculous of superstitions.


What have I got to lose anyway? Just missing the lunar eclipse and the chance to shoot the moon with my new lens I guess... But my stupid cousin offered to stay up all night, teasing me relentlessly, and shot the moon for me instead. Thanks, Dewnelle.



Although, I could have taken a better picture than that. BLEH! =P (way hangitiw, kiti ri bitiw!)

It was a Blood Moon after all... and the longest Total Lunar Eclipse - 1 hour and 40 minutes!!! The next such an eclipse is forecasted to occur only in 2141. Pak!Then again, there are other sites saying that the next total lunar eclipse of exceptional length will come on July 27, 2018, and will last 106 minutes. Also, there were talks all over the internet about the rapture happening... but hey, here we are... still alive, still kicking!

Here's a much clearer photo of last night's beautiful eclipse. This was seen from Jerusalem.



I guess I'll have to wait for the next lunar eclipse to capture my own photo of the moon. Til then I pray that my baby be safe -- no strawberry birthmarks, cleft lips, or other birth deformities please.


xoxo,
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images