AVON Philippines Makeup Council: Learning Session with Lauren Andersen

Tuesday, August 27, 2013


You see, the best part of winning the blogger challenge and become part of Avon Philippines Makeup Council is not the free makeup, but the experience to be with top Hollywood makeup artist, Lauren Andersen. Her clients include Madonna, Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian, Ginnifer Goodwin, and many others. I'm a total greenhorn as a beauty blogger so I take this as a huge opportunity and come hell or high water (quite literally with the crazy weather in Manila!), I braved it all and even bought mad expensive plane tickets just to go 550 km and attend the event.

Lisa Lamberty, the executive director for Avon Color R&D, and Lauren Andersen, Avon's Global Celebrity Makeup Artist flew in from the US for a series of AVON events.
Was it worth it? YOU BET! How did I survive 2 sleepless nights + travel? Red Bull, of course. But that's beside the point. I was super glad to be there because aside from learning makeup techniques, I got to meet some of the Makeup Council beauty bloggers, accepted my certificate, and took home some goodies. I even got to ask Lauren personally if it was just her who usually come up with celebrities' looks and according to her, it's a collaboration. She asks them what kind of look they're aiming for and then she creates looks based on her clients' preferences and the clothes they'll be wearing. I've been applying some of the makeup techniques I've learned from her and it's pretty cool because the looks I've been coming up with are so much better than before. So yayyy!



I should have worn shoes with heels but since I was traveling far and packed light, my pair of Converse sneaks is my saviour. (Can you imagine walking up and down NAIA terminal 3 with killer heels?) Never mind that I was a bit off of the dress code, too. Tee hee. The ladies of the Avon Philippines Makeup Council are so fab (except me!) and I was leagues away from these city girls. The thing is though, Avon is for everyone. So I think it doesn't matter where you're from because YOU CAN MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL.

Katsy Faustino, Apol Marie Duque, Jean Monique Sanchez, and yours truly.
And now, may I present the AVON PHILIPPINES MAKEUP COUNCIL!


Remind me to buy a pair of Isabel Marant or Skechers wedge shoes (available at ZALORA.PH!) to gain some height especially during events like these. LOL. Anyway, here's a photo op with Lauren, who is absolutely gorgeous with her doll face and all. She is so slim and slender and looked very young considering she's been in the business for a long time!


I feel so blessed and I thank God most especially for this wonderful opportunity which seems to tell me that my journey to the world of beauty blogging and perhaps a career as a makeup artist is indeed blossoming. I am thus inspired to become better in all of these. I also want to share with my readers, my family and friends, everything that I will be learning along the way. I definitely will be doing more makeup tutorials including tips and tricks as well as more beauty reviews and everyone's favorite, more giveaways!

What goes around comes around and because I wouldn't be able to make it if not for your support and love, I'd like to give back what I can to the community. Speaking of which, please don't forget to join Bonjour Bella! x Basta Igat, Sikat! Avon Thanksgiving Giveaway!




Thanks for droppin' by my blog and do come back soon because I'll be updating this blog regularly! 'Til then!



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images