Beauty Battle: MAC Girl Boy Brow Set vs. Etude House Color My Brows #2 Review

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Before my blonde ambition, I was rocking the brown-haired girl next door image. But back then, I could never quite get the perfect eyebrow color match with all my powders, wax, and pencils. Until I found out about eyebrow mascaras! This was unheard of when I was still in college which was probably why I only had a thin line for brows because I thought that was better than mismatched light colored hair and dark eyebrows. It wasn't until I became a makeup enthusiast that I discovered that eyebrow mascaras do exist!

Anyway, for this post I'll be doing a review and a comparison of the MAC brow set in GIRL BOY ($16 or Php 950 in Rustan's) and the Etude House Color My Brows #2 (Php 348). As you can see, the latter is much cheaper but how does it perform? Let's let the photos paint a thousand words, shall we?

In the blue corner weighing 8 grams or .28 US ounces, we have the infamous Brow set from MAC in Girl Boy.

Mac brow set girl boy review philippines price
It's a fawn-blonde shade that is perfect for those color treated hair from chestnut to ash blonde. Basically, if you dyed your hair a shade of medium to light brown, then this would be very ideal. If you want a darker color, there's one called Beguile which is a full-bodied taupe shade. You can also opt to get the Show Off color which is a rich brown shade.


With my current blonde hair it's not really the perfect match for it because like I said, this is much more suited to those who have dyed their hair brown. It's great at setting your eyebrows after you have them filled or drawn in. It can also be worn solely without powder underneath as it deposits enough color to lighten your eyebrows for a more natural look.

MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy review
Eyebrow with MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy
Moving on... at the red corner is our challenger, Color My Brows #2 from Etude House. It is fairly small compared to the MAC Brow Set as it is only 4 grams or .15 US ounces. You could say, it is half the size as well as half the price!

I think it's a good alternative if you don't want to splurge on the MAC Brow Set just yet. It is also perfect for those who have dyed their hair brown as it tints your eyebrow hair with lovely brown/gold tones. The size is also perfect for travel.


There are three shades of Color My Brows but I found the #2 to be the most versatile one. If you just want to lighten your black eyebrows, then this will do the job just fine. It deposits a lot of product that absolutely changes the color of your brows even if you haven't filled them in yet.

Etude House Color My Brows #2 Philippines price
Eyebrow with Etude House Color My Brows #2
So who wins this battle? Both of them are winners in my book. It's a TIE. The MAC though has an advantage for being a high-end makeup product but Etude House is also gaining a lot of raves mostly by Asians who have access to the brand. Both of them perform extremely well at "changing" the color of your eyebrows temporarily and they both can be removed easily by a makeup remover or Wet Ones. I actually haven't tried removing them with just water because my nightly routine consists of using a makeup remover or makeup wipes first before washing my face for deep cleaning.

Some reviewers claim that the Etude House Color My Brows tube can last up to 4 months, so if that's the case and since it's half the size of the MAC Brow Set tube, then it's safe to say that the latter should last a good 8 months. I still have to confirm this when my products run out. Etude House Color My Brows comes out cheaper even if you buy 2 tubes of it only for Php 696. However, if you buy the MAC Brow Set from legit online sellers like La Belle Boutiquaire (who has got the cheapest beauty and makeup prices on Instagram and Facebook), you can get it for Php 890. Until then, here's my rating.

OVERALL RATING:





I give them both 5 stars because as of the moment there's really nothing I don't like about them. Splurge or save? It's really up to you.

P.S. These products are not sponsored and this blog review is based on my personal experience with using the MAC Brow Set and Etude House Color My Brows. On another note, we still got giveaways ongoing... Try your luck and check 'em out!




TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images