Review: Bifesta Age Care Cleansing Lotion + FOTD Brown Smokey Eyes

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hello, peeps! If you've been following me on Instagram, you'd know by now that I'm a huge fan of the brown smokey eyes look. I use it most of the time and even did it for my mom's eye makeup using the +Urban Decay Cosmetics Naked palette. Basically, you'll need only 4 colors for this. A shimmery white, a matte nude, a shimmery golden bronze, and a dark brown shimmery eyeshadow color.

Brown smokey eyes urban decay naked palette
#FOTD. #SelfieSunday

Brown smokey eyes urban decay naked palette
I really like this look. I can't explain why but I think because it complements my skin and it makes my eyes look bigger. I tried to see if it would work on mature women, and surprisingly it did. Here's my mom with the same eye makeup.

Brown smokey eyes urban decay naked palette
 And here's a BEFORE & AFTER photo of her:

Brown smokey eyes urban decay naked palette
It's not rocket science but if you want me to do a step-by-step tutorial for this look, let me know so I can make a blog post. :)

Moving on. With the amount of makeup I put on to make my skin look decent and hide all blemishes and acne scars, I never skip cleaning my face at night and risk further exacerbating the condition of my current acne-prone/sensitive/oily skin. Worse. Combination. Ever.

Enter BIFESTA CLEANSING LOTION.
I got this from Martha of The Beauty Junkee which I won from her giveaway
and I've been using it for some time now.
This is the Age Care variant and it is a makeup remover that works as well as cleansing oils sans the greasy feeling. I sooooo love it! Also, it's from JAPAN!!! (But you already know how I feel towards Japanese brands and culture.) Anyway, it works great with my skin and as soon as I finish this bottle, I'm definitely going to buy the Bifesta SEBUM Oil Remover variant as I think that would be the perfect match for me. In addition to being an awesome makeup remover, accordingly you can also use it as: (1) a toner, (2) a makeup setting spray, (3) a freshening mist, and (4) a charged kind of water to enhance the coverage of powder eyeshadows and dilute thick liquid foundation. Hmmm. Interesting enough, huh?

So how does it perform? Check out the photos below.

Bifesta Cleansing Lotion Review Philippines
On a cotton pad (ball or tissue), moisten it with a few drops/pumps of Bifesta Cleansing Lotion
then for removing eye makeup, hold it over your eye for a while
before carefully wiping it off downwards to avoid contact with the eyes.
Et voila.

Bifesta Cleansing Lotion Review Philippines
Transfer complete. LOL.
I went on to clean half of my face and amazingly enough, it removed all the concealer and foundation I used to hide all imperfections.
Bifesta Cleansing Lotion Review Philippines

I tried to take off my matte lipstick using it and it didn't quite get the job done plus it tasted soooooo bad. I swear, I'm never using it to remove lipstick again. Tee hee. But as a makeup remover, I highly recommend it. I still needed to wash my face afterwards because I'm OC like that. But for lazy girls who come home late after partying and are wary of sleeping with makeup, then this is for you! FYI, you don't need to wash your face after using Bifesta Cleansing Lotion. It's a cheap alternative to Bioderma Crealine H2O (micellar solution) in my opinion, although I've never actually used that one because it's exxxpensive and out of my budget. Boo. But then again, if funds allow or I win it as a prize, then I would also like to try it to see what the fuss is about.


For now, I'm good with the Bifesta Cleansing Lotion. It has a mild scent that's totally negligible. For a big 300mL bottle that comes with a pump, it's only Php 419.00 at Watson's for which, depending on usage, could last for 2-3 months. There are 4 kinds, namely: Sebum  for oily skin (oil remover), Moist for dry skin (deep moisturizing), Bright Up for skin discoloration (whitening), and Age Care which is the one I'm using for anti-aging (deep nourishment).


OVERALL RATING: 





So what's your favorite makeup remover? Got any suggestions or recommendations for my skin? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for droppin' by my blog and do come back for more beauty reviews soon.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images