Blonde Ambition #2: How to tone hair to get rid of brassiness + home-made violet shampoo/toner

Wednesday, September 25, 2013



The main problem with bleaching dark hair is the brassiness. See my previous post. It takes a lot of sessions to get to that ideal pale light yellow color. It's a bit of a hassle but once you know what products to use and how to maintain your hair, it's really not a big issue at all. It just suxxx that we don't have products that are affordable and available here so of course, I'll have to order online for supplies. Take a look at this chart to see where I'm at right now.

And yup, my hair didn't achieve that shade overnight! it took about 5 or 6 painful bleaching sessions just to get the right shade so I can tone it using a homemade violet shampoo/toner. I had no choice but make one as there ain't any in stores around here.


So how do you get that platinum blonde hair? Here's what I did to get my bleached blonde hair whiter and more or less looking like platinum. Though it's nothing like the kind that's done professionally, but somehow I am satisfied with the results. I didn't have to sell an arm or a leg just to achieve this goal. Another one crossed off my things to do before I turn 30 or die.

I have two methods of getting it to the color I wanted and sometimes when I have enough time to spare, I combine both for maximum effect. You'll need the following: semi-permanent dyes like MANIC PANIC Purple Haze and Virgin Snow (to be used as toner) and HBC/Hortaleza Keratin Hot Oil treatment.


First, I wash my hair with my homemade purple shampoo. It's just basically whatever shampoo you have plus a bit of food coloring, in my case I use FERNA Violet. HAHAHA! IKR. So sue me.

shampoo + violet food coloring
And now the easiest way to tone hair is by using Virgin Snow. It's as simple as just putting it on your hair like a normal dye and wearing a shower cap after to keep the heat in. That's it. Rinse it off after 30 minutes or an hour and you should get the brassiness out. There are other brands that tone the hair but this one is most recommended. I'm going to try the others like Punky Color next or if I have enough moolah, go with the Manic Panic Amplified or Special Effects.



Additionally, the combination below comes out cheaper because a big tub of keratin treatment and a jar of Purple Haze will last a long time. It is suggested to mix 20% of the semi-permanent dye and 80% keratin treatment but you can mix it to your liking. You should come up with something like this.


I don't use this every day, but about 1-2 x a week only. I leave it sometimes for only 30 minutes to an hour and sometimes up to 6 hours! Tee hee. It depends on what I'm doing that day. I now know that this is super duper essential for bleached blondes to keep the brassiness at bay because I'm not sure if it's my shampoo or the water from the shower that's making my hair fugly (can't believe I'm using that world. LOL!). The keratin treatment conditions your hair, too. My hair really doesn't look dry or dead as you can see contrary to what others may perceive. I do admit it's practically dead but well, to see is to believe, right? LOLOLOL!

So there you have it! I've achieved the hair color I've always only dreamed about. I didn't even have to spend $$$ for this. It's just about knowing what products to use, research, and of course, guts. The Internet is at your disposal. Use it.

Manic Panic Virgin Snow toner +
HBC Keratin hot oil treatment mixed with a little Manic Panic Purple Haze

NO FILTER.
I know it's a bit of a hassle to be blonde but hey, if I can do it, so can you! Come on, join the fun! 'Coz you know, blondes do get that a lot. *wink* Add me up on Instagram (@bastaigat_sikat) to follow my hair escapades. 'Til next time. Thanks for droppin' by!

☞ CLICK HERE to read the first part of my Blonde Ambition and how it all started.☜ 


Read my Blonde Ambition Part 3 in HERE.


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images