Avon MakeUp Council: Meet The Metallics! (+ Ultra Color Lipstick, Glimmersticks Lip Liner, & Super Drama Mascara reviews)

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I've already done blog reviews for THE BLUES and THE GREENS, and naturally comes the last but not the least, THE METALLICS. This is another 8-in-1 palette consisting of various different colors that are frosted/satin/shimmer. They are mainly dark and pigmented colors which would be perfect for evening events.


As for swatches, you can see that they are pigmented enough but I suggest wearing a primer for a more intense eyeshadow color. From left to right (top to bottom), we have these shades: A peachy pink, a deep color somewhere between aquamarine and turquoise, a yellow gold, a periwinkle, a bronze, a maroon, a silver, and a dark gunmetal (almost black but not quite so) shade. Sorry, if I'm not too accurate of the color descriptions, but hey, I tried. Tee hee.


Like the other 8-in-1 palettes, this doesn't disappoint and it gives you more variety of shades. The only thing one might find lacking are the matte ones but then again, this palette won't be called THE METALLICS for nothing. Perhaps AVON might release a pure matte palette in the future and I'll be sure to get that one to add to my collection.

For my #FOTD, I picked Avon's Ultra Color lipstick in BERRY BRIGHT. They are very rich and you only need one or two swipes and you're all set. It's the same kind as the Hibiscus one I used in my Barbie/Princess makeup tutorial but this one's a deeper pink/fuschia shade.


I also used Avon's Glimmerstick lip liner in Pink Bouquet which makes lining lips easy because it's retractable. No more sharpening!


Additionally, I got to test out the new SUPER DRAMA mascara from Avon. The wand is pretty unique although the consistency of the mascara isn't what I hoped for. It's kind of "wet", I should say. I like my mascaras "dry".



My lashes are, as you might already know, the short and straight type and it takes a whole lot of curling and mascara to get it looking decent enough.


MYMARIA's MAKEUP HACK: What I do between mascara coats is dab some powder on the tips of my lashes so that the product has something to adhere to and I get longer looking lashes with more coating.


So that's it for my #faceoftheday blog post. Hope you liked it and stay tuned for more reviews...

#FOTD with Avon 8-in-1 The Metallics eyeshadows,
Super Drama mascara in Black,
Ultra Color lipstick in Berry Bright,
Glimmersticks lip liner in Pink Bouquet,
and Luminous Blush in Peach.

To find out more about Avon's affordable and excellent quality makeup products, visit their website at www.avon.com.ph to browse their online brochure.

DISCLAIMER: I did not pay nor got paid for this blog post. The products were given to me since I am an AVON PR Blogger Partner and a member of the AVON Makeup Council. I received no incentive to offer a favorable review and the only compensation I get is to experience and try out the products for myself so I can share with you an objective review and hopefully help my readers make an informed decision before buying.


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images