Review: Avon Illuminating Face Pearls (Highlighter/Luminizer) and BDJBOX 7-day Challenge

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A year ago, I had no idea what a highlighter or luminizer for the face was and then when I learned about it, I couldn't live without it. It's one of the secrets to healthy looking and glowing skin (or face). Some people would ask me why in my selfies I look really "blooming" and that's not just because I'm tremendously happy all the time. Why is that? Most of those photos are well, you guessed it, thanks to a highlighter/luminizer.

My first BDJBOX for this year came with one. Hurraaayyy!!! It's the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls. It's not your conventional highlighter/luminizer since only gives cheeks and browbones a subtle, radiant sheen. It's so perfect for everyday wear! With my other highlighters/luminizers, I needed to be very careful in applying or I'd go overboard and look like a hot mess with a face like a disco ball. Tee hee. However, the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls comes in a jar which isn't really convenient to bring along. You can transfer some product easily to a smaller container if you wish to take it with you and without it cramping your kikay kit.

It has three hues of illuminating powder balls and altogether gives a very nice warm peachy glow. I've been using Avon's Illuminating blush in Peach ever since I got it last year and this is a great match for it! I did expect there'd be more product in the jar but it contained maybe 1/3 of its container. :( Nevertheless, it's a lot (22g according to the package) and with everyday use, it seems like it will take a long time for me to finish this whole thing. The product is "buildable", too. So if you want to use it as a blush, you can just keep applying and it will show more color on your cheeks. That means your PHP 599 will surely go a loooong way.


I use a small blush brush when I apply these on my cheeks and brow bone. I also like to apply it on my nose bridge and forehead, cupid's bow on my top lip, and chin for overall subtle glow. The AVON Illuminating Face Pearls really looks natural on my skin. I'm not sure with fairer skin though but I'm a medium (light?) with yellow undertone and it shows up just fine.

As you can see, it illuminates the skin with a pretty sheen to it. Sometimes you can't really tell if I'm wearing it but I love how it gives my skin a very flattering look and I don't have great skin as of the moment with a lot of unevenness and blemishes (although I should say it's currently clearing up now).

I think this highlighter/luminizer is great for people who need something they can use daily without worrying about wearing a ton of makeup on their face, because let's face it, it's another layer of product on your face if for you foundation and powder is already a tad heavy. I do use the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls as blush as well.



So it seems the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls is the answer to a healthy, glowing skin. Did I say that already? But it is! Although it doesn't mean you should skip all your other skincare routines to promote healthy skin. In the photos above, I washed my face with Beauty and Bright Moringa soap after which I used an emulsion and a snail cream from Tony Moly to brighten up my skin first and then used the Avon Illuminating Face Pearls as my highlighter/luminizer to complete a natural radiant look.


And sometimes when I want to look even extra "blooming",  I gather the lightest of the face pearls and group them together and use that color solely for more oomph! It does make those #selfies so much better. LOL!


Okay, enough of my face. Here's a classic happy family photo from the RameNoodles. Again, you can see a very nice subtle highlighting effect and overall, I am enjoying the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls which has become my daily highlighter/luminizer after doing a 7-day challenge. A lot of people would say it's an unnecessary product to include in your everyday look but for me, it's indispensable. ('Coz I take a lot of selfies! Tee hee!)


I am still working on getting back that naturally healthy and glowing skin without makeup as I did pre-pregnancy, but for the meantime in spite of sleepless nights and graveyard shifts, I got highlighters/luminizers such as the AVON Illuminating Face Pearls to save the day.
 


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images