Ravishing Romantic: Soft Smokey Brown Eyes Tutorial with Sigma brushes

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Step-by-step light brown smokey eyes makeup tutorial
Step-by-step light brown smokey eyes makeup tutorial
This is a step-by-step tutorial I took some time to create for you guys. My tripod broke so please be a little forgiving with my photos and also I haven't perfected the lighting in my room yet. I promise I'll do better next time!

Anyways, for the love month (specifically Valentine Day week), I drew inspiration to create a look based on Sigma's Ravishing Romantic face chart from their awesome newsletter. They suggested to pair a soft-sultry eye with a poppy pink lip for a look that's unforgettable. *light bulb*


So I took out my babies and told them we were going to have some fun!



Using some of my existing makeup products, I set on to recreate a look that is perfect for a romantic date with your beau or even during a girl's night out for singles who are still searching for THE ONE.

I used only 4 shades of brown for this brown smokey eyes look.
I've already applied my favorite concealer using my Sigma P88 Precision Flat Angled brush and applied foundation for my entire face using the ever popular F80 - Flat Top Kabuki. So now let's go right ahead and do the eyes! It's really not that difficult to create a smokey look as long as you have the right brushes. It takes me more or less 15 minutes to finish both my eyes. I'll show you the steps to do it. It should take roughly a minute or less for each step.

 
Light brown smokey eyes makeup tutorial
STEP 1: Prime your eyes with an eyeshadow base so whatever colors you use will absolutely look intense. In my case, I only used the eyeshadows from my BH Cosmetics 88 matte palette which are quite pigmented already.

STEP 2: Using a Small Tapered Blending brush such as the Sigma E45, take a light brown shade and apply to the crease. This will add depth and dimension to your eye. Also take it out the outer lid to serve as a guide for the deeper shade later.

STEP 3: Now using an Eye Shading brush with soft and dense bristles like the Sigma E55, pack a shimmery bronze or copper color to your lid. This brush is great a picking up product.




Light brown smokey eyes makeup tutorial

STEP 4: A Pencil brush like the Sigma E30 is the best one to use when applying a dark eyeshadow color on the outer lid. I feel it's more precise this way and you can also blend it into the crease if you want it to be more intense. The size of the pencil brush is perfect for small Asian eyes like mine.

STEP 5:  Now it's time to line the eyes. You can use a dark brown pencil eyeliner or in my case, I opted for a gel liner and applied it using a fine tip and tapered Eyeliner brush which is the Sigma E05. Using this particular brush helps me get so close to my lash line so that it doesn't leave an unpleasant white gap from the lashes to my eyelid.

STEP 6:  Using the same dark brown eyeshadow used for the outer lid/crease, use a brush with a flat and sharp thin edge like the Sigma E15 Flat Definer brush and apply it to the lower lash line. This will create a nice shadow for sparse lashes and define eyes some more.

STEP 7: Time to blend out harsh edges and highlight the brow bone. I found out that a Tapered Blending brush with a soft and fluffy rounded tip like such as the Sigma E40 accomplishes this task rather quickly. Just a few quick windshield wiper motions and you're all set!

Light brown smokey eyes makeup tutorial
Light brown smokey eyes by MyMaria.
And finally...

STEP 8: Curl your lashes if you need to and apply your favorite mascara. You can opt for false lashes for more oomph, but since I'm going for a "ravishing romantic" look, I decided to skip the falsies.


That's it! You're done with the eyes.


Now you'll just need to pick the right shades for the lips to complete your look and of course, don't forget the blush and luminizer/highlighter to look glowing and in love!


A hot pink lipgloss or a lipstick complements the soft sultry eyes as well as a peach or rose wine blush (hey, did you know you can also use a nice rosy lipstick as blush too? YUP!) to complete the whole RAVISHING ROMANTIC look.

RAVISHING ROMANTIC for Valentines. MyMaria version. Inspired by Sigma Beauty.
I hope you liked my simple tutorial. I hope to create more in the coming days (as soon as I get my camera settings and lightning right!) so please leave a comment or suggestions as to what kind of look do you want me to (re)create. Thanks for reading and dropping by!

For Cariño Mio, my inspiration, my lucky charm and my world... 
Each day with you becomes a Valentine... Te quiero! ❤️
Photo taken under harsh different lighting (really need to work on this!) using my phone

"Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart."

Be in love, with love!


TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/bastaigat_sikat
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/bastaigat_sikat
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOG ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images