No More Migraines and Crystal Clear Vision with Crizal Prevencia!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

No, I don't have bad eyesight. In fact, I have perfect 20/20 vision. Just ask Mary Ann Sia-Bangloy of Ormoc Vision Optical. I only wore computer specs which was recommended to me by an eye doctor while I was in Cebu still trying to climb the BPO ladder. It has been 9 years since my online career began and honestly, I didn't wear my eyeglasses half the time of the year or even a quarter. I mostly wore them whenever I go out without my face made up or anything. I don't know why, but it sure feels like I'm wearing a mask with glasses on when in fact, I'm only just hiding my hideous eye bags.

Wearing my old Disney anti-glare computer glasses during video calls ^_^
But there had been times when I felt the onset of eye strain and wearing those glasses actually helped. Maybe it was placebo effect, I'm not sure. Lately, I've been getting these really bad headaches practically every single day! Ugh! So annoying! I thought it was a wrong sleeping position causing it at first, but then I got convinced that something must be setting off my migraines. How? Let me tell you a short history. I've always been sensitive to light. I squint a lot during the day especially outdoors even when it's overcast. And as sure as the sun will rise, whenever I'm out without my sunglasses, no doubt I'd get some aura and a headache ensues before the day ends.

I didn't think it could get any worse until recently I started waking up with a migraine even though I had 8+ hours of sleep! It's no hangover I tell you but it feels like it (might have been worth it if it were, but it's not!). So it's absolutely nothing triggered by any alcohol or food. I spent days in a cave (well, actually in our room with windows covered in thick blankets so light couldn't get in). Dark rooms always comforted me when I'm having a migraine episode. I tried the NUGA bed, drank lots of fluid to avoid dehydration (you know, a headache is a symptom), stayed inside when it's bright outside, wore my darkest shades if I had to leave the house, set all my devices to minimum brightness, and just generally avoided anything that would cause my head to throb.

But then I turned on a LED lamp one day with the bulb facing my face (derp!) and a jolt of lightning seared through my forehead. Turned it off ASAP and the pain went away! Right then I knew it was light that's causing this discomfort and without proper eye protection, I was done for. I have tons of sunglasses but I didn't know which ones were really working for me, so that was when I dropped by the optical shop to ask for professional advice.


Introducing Crizal Prevencia

I'm not an expert in this field, so just watch this super short video and you'll see.


So it's the GLARE!!! How could it not be!? It has always been the madafaka glare! Doh! My light sensitivity worsened ever since we made the switch to LED lights, on top of my rather extensive use of gadgets with LED-backlit screens and staring at LED monitors for hours! Yes, it has always been the glare! Grrrr! And now I know why my old computer lenses weren't working for me anymore!


I have to admit the reason why I got convinced my eyes were killing me was also because we've started watching the Daredevil series and I was internalizing how difficult it would be to lose one's eyesight. I just can't imagine going blind. Did you know that exposure to blue light could increase your risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration??? Seriously, I'm gonna take better care of my eyes now. Well, if I have all these sunblocks for my body and face, why not go all the way and get sun protection with E-SPF25 for my precious eyes for clear and comfortable vision?! Plus, NO MORE BLOODY MIGRAINE HEADACHES!


On a good day, I can even forego wearing sunglasses and just wear my Crizal Prevencia specs. I don't have to squint as bad as before. Yay! (Gotta prevent those eye wrinkles!) And the best part is... *drumroll please* I CAN DRIVE AT NIGHT! Woot!!! Headlights don't distract me as much anymore. Damn you people with HID (high-intensity discharge) lamps! 



Even Clark Kent NoodleBoy is contemplating about getting one for himself. I mean, hello? Clash of clans, Shadow Era, Heartstone, MARVEL, ummm, what else? You think those games aren't putting anyone at risk? Think again. I'm not paid to promote this product, alright. I paid for these eyeglasses in full, lens (price starts at Php2,500) plus the frame. So hey, I'm just trying to help here. Reaching out to anyone else who's experienced or currently having the kind of debilitating migraines that I had suffered. It won't hurt to get your eyes checked.

VISION IS PRICELESS, PROTECT IT!
With eye expert, Mary Ann Sia Bangloy and pretty daughter Devonne at Ormoc Vision Optical.
So anyways, here it is up close and personal -- my secret weapon against glare and harmful blue-violet light!

Wth Crizal Prevencia authenticity card!

You can see that it has a slight yellowish tint. When I use it, it kind of reminds me of my first flat screen monitor, the 19" AOC with the option to change the brightness to "Office/Work" which meant automatically adjusting your screen's white balance to slightly yellowish. It's very subtle and actually is very cool like literally "bugnaw sa panan-aw" (for lack of a better way to explain it).



How can a color be so beautiful and so cruel at the same time? Look at that blue-violet reflection! It just shows that it's effectively blocking all that harmful light that would otherwise give me headaches later on. It's just awesome! I could cry tears of joy! The lens is very easy to clean and true enough, it repels water since just it just glides down the lens. It also repels dust through static but I have yet to see how scratch-resistant it really is. I've only been using it for a couple of days now and ever since I got them, I'm pleased to report that I haven't had any headaches nor felt any other discomfort.


Overall, I would recommend wearing computer glasses with Crizal Prevencia if you have issues with glare, get random unexplained headaches, use gadgets for long periods of time, or work on your computer regularly. Kids are also advised to wear these, too. Crizal Prevencia has one for them. So what are you waiting for? Go see your favorite eye expert at the optical store to check them out for yourself.

KTNXBYE.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images