Makeup Tutorial: Sunkissed Summer Look 2015 (Perfect for oily skin!)

Monday, May 25, 2015


Are you looking for ways to maintain that sunkissed summer glow? How about faking a summer tan? My summer makeup look for 2015 is all about that! With the aid of a reliable bronzer and a really good highlighter, it's so easy to look like a summer goddess. It's very easy and I'll show you how. Watch my video below and check out the makeup products and tools that I used.




Next up are the products I used in the video. I highly recommend these for people who want waterproof/sweatproof/long-lasting makeup. Even those with normal skin can benefit from these because it's really hot and humid this season and honestly, who doesn't want to stay fresh-looking all day?
I'm also taking this opportunity to review the Ecotools brushes I got from SissyShoppe. Basically, it's all you need to recreate that sunkissed summer look.


First of all, I prefer using synthetic brushes. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin (IKR!) and my skin seems to react when I'm using brushes made from animal hair. Maybe it's just me and it doesn't hold true for you. Since the bristles of these Ecotools brushes are made from soft, synthetic material plus recycled bamboo handles (hurray for Mother Earth!), I really love them to bits!


My favorite is the Sheer Finish Kabuki brush. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I tend to take so much product than I intended to. I love using this with my finishing powders and of course, highlighters. My next choice would be the Airbrush Concealer brush. This one is also pretty flexible because you can use this as a fluffy eyeshadow brush. As you can see in the video, my concealer application was a breeze using this brush. The Custom Buffing Coverage brush is also really good because it picks up just the right amount of powder foundation. It also blends powder products well on my face and it feels super soft that I didn't want to stop buffing my face! LOL! I have yet to try this with liquid foundation though. The Bronzer Brush is really huge so I'm not sure it's the right size for my face. Nevertheless, I also love that it picked up the right amount of bronzer so I didn't turn Oompa Loompa even at first try. The Flat Foundation Brush which is actually meant to be used with liquid foundation is something I prefer to use for setting my under eye with finishing powder. Since it's summer, I'm not really into using liquid foundations because of the extreme heat.

You can get these awesome Ecotools brushes from SissyShoppe. Check out their Facebook and Instagram accounts where you can browse their offerings for affordable beauty products and tools.


If you would like to see more makeup looks or for any YouTube video requests, please do leave a comment below and let me know what you like to see next. Thanks for watching my video and dropping by my blog!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images