Spring into Beauty: April 2015 BDJBOX 7-day Challenge

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Do not limit your challenges, challenge your limits!  
Now you already know I love challenges. I love discovering new things and I love it when it's something I can share with my friends and family. Take for example, the April BDJ BOX that came with so many new beauty and skincare items I need to explore.

#bdjbox #bdj7day #bdjbox7day


#LEZDOTHIS!

1. Of course, I had to the pick the most interesting makeup item in the box first and it's no other than the Revlon Highlighting Palette. Ever since I tried it, I can't go out without putting some of it. It's just the right amount of highlighting I need to look like a million bucks. I mean, come on. You don't want a spotlight on your face, but the subtle yet still obvious effect that this product leaves on your face is spot on. It makes you look younger with healthy almost Korean-like skin. I love it, i love it, i love it! One more time, I LOVE IT! Even though it's a bit expensive at PHP625.


2. Well, well, well, what have we here? MyChoice Anti Acne Whitening Facial Cream. For acne-prone gals like me, this is something that primarily caught my attention. My search for anti-acne products will never be over I believe. For only PHP100 per 20g tube, this product is definitely something worth trying. It's very affordable and I'm happy to report I used this before Aunt Flo came for her monthly visit and I really didn't get any breakouts! This contains AHA and BHA that desquamate acne gently withing causing skin irritation. The only thing I don't like about this one is the smell. It's quite negligible but it bothers me just a little bit. It's not strong per se, but it reminds me of a wet rag. That might not be the best description really but when it comes to being effective, it's just a small trade-off.



3. Next we have the Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub. Also very affordable at only PHP15 per 20mL! I love skin exfoliators because it keeps my skin soft and smooth to the touch. The "beads" in this formula doesn't hurt my skin when I scrub it and it also smells very nice. So yes, I highly recommend this if you're looking for an affordable scrub. As for whitening? Well, it makes sense that washing away dead skin cells will sooner or later reveal fairer skin. No surprises there.


4. Following the body scrub of course is the Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Facial Scrub. It retails for just PHP120 per 100g tube! My, my, that's a lot of product for its price! I have to admit this one has become my daily facial scrub. I know they say you should use exfoliators 2-3 x a week only but because it makes my skin feel so smooth, I just have to use it daily. Although I don't really scrub my face like I scrub my bathroom floor, so I like to think I'm not I stripping away the essential oils on my face. I love the smell also and it does brighten my face after every wash.


5. Now we have FS Cosmetics Lash Extravagance Mascara. Every since discovering Fanny Serrano products like their two-way cake foundation, their gel liners, and their eyelash curler, I have become a fan. Their products are made of high quality materials, great for Asian skin, and also very affordable. This mascara costs PHP350 and quite comparable to Maybelline's classic ones. It's great at lengthening and volumizing. However, I need a curling mascara due to my short lashes. I wouldn't throw this one away just yet since I could always use my HG curling mascaras then top them off with this FS one.


6. And then there's the Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Foot Mask. This costs PHP198 for a pair. I thought it was going to be like the Foot Appeal Peeling socks but it's not. It's very cool to the skin and did make my tired feet feel refreshed and relaxed after a standing for 3 hours that day. I didn't experience any peeling but it really made my feet feel very soft.



7. Last but not the least, we have MyChoice Bubble Shower Salt 2-in-1 scrub. Another very affordable product at only PHP100. Does it work? It does what scrubs do best. Do I need this? Not really. Do I like it? I prefer the Asian Secrets Lulur body scrub. The biggest turn off for me was the tube. If it had come in a tub, it would be easier to get the product out. I had to use a stick to get the powder out and then it reminded me of detergent. Nevertheless, it also left my skin feeling smooth and soft.


So that completes my 7-day challenge with my April BDJ BOX. I'm sad thinking I won't be doing the May challenge since I wasn't able to subscribe to it at www.bdjbox.com. I guess we'll have to wait for June for another round of beauty discovery. So until then!


P.S. Do share some of your latest beauty finds in the comments below so I can check them out, too!



TWITTERFACEBOOKINSTAGRAMPINTERESTYOUTUBEBLOGEMAIL




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images