Back to the future? A letter from... me.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

In the light of The Time Traveler's Wife (yes, I just watched it... finally!) and joining a Facebook group of my alma mater just 24 hours ago, I couldn't help but be bothered by something. I was feeling restless and I knew there was something missing... so I searched.

Lo and behold...

OMG. A letter.

Addressed to me.

Written by me.

With an obsolete calling card. XD

And yeah, my room looked like a tornado had swept past it. I was right in the letter about my room. Hmmm. I knew myself a lot.

I guess that's why I wrote to myself 10 years ago. The first page was me blabbing about how bored I was, how paranoid I got, and how life was treating me at 16 years old! So you can just imagine what I wrote there... at the peak of my adolescence! LOL!

My, my... how times flies.

The second page was more or less sane enough to read...

But it doesn't change the fact that I was talking to myself. It felt weird... and good at the same time. WTF!

Ah life....


Remind me that the next time I write to myself, I should definitely put some ca$h in it. Dang! All I got was a lousy calling card from me. I should know better this time around. :)

Next letter coming up in 2020. Wow. I hope to be alive to read it by then.

So do you guys talk to yourselves, too? And how many of you wrote to yourselves at some point in your lives?


post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. hey congrats on the new iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool.. a very good way to assess your current well being.. makes you think about your age though.. hehehe I wrote to myself one time to forget some guy. I burned it after i read it.. It was therapy for me. It works hehe..

    The ViXeN's Lair

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i stumbled upon your blog through nuffnang's century tuna contest. i got interested in the way you write your blog posts so i checked your recent ones.

    who would've thought that there are really people who write to themselves. i've been thinking about scanning all the letters i have in my memory box including those i wrote for moi.

    hi, i'm jabberedonion of ngipirt.com and jabberedonion.com. glad to have dropped by. see yah around

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^_^ thanks for dropping by... i must say, i can't seem to compose a letter addressed to myself 20 years from now.. I can't seem to picture myself yet. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images