Sinulog Sugbo 2010

Monday, January 18, 2010

And so... we were there... again! This year was pretty challenging because it rained a whole lot... and I mean, A LOT!



The trip was pretty nasty, too. With all those 6-meter waves (exag!) that my mom and aunts decided not to go. But I survived nonetheless. I was going to bring my camera along during the procession but the rain was making me think twice, so I didn't risk it. Although there were people bringing their cams there, I thought maybe an umbrella was a far much better choice to carry. ;) Also, my mom insisted... so there.
The route of this year's procession was different.



We had to walk all the way to V. RAMA, B. Rodriguez, etc. when before we used to take a turn at P. del Rosario... Boy, did we burn major calories there! I practically collapsed after... and got blisters on my feet. The drugstore clerk said their Band-Aids were almost sold out by the time we went to buy some because so many people were asking for it.

By evening, we hit I.T. Park just because we were feeling our age. LOL! The taxi driver made snide remarks as we watched kids cross the street and he said, "Bantog ra uwanon ang Sinulog kay unsa man pod ning mga sinul-otan sa mga batan-on! Labi na nang tua sa Mango ron!" [No wonder it rains during the Sinulog because of what kids are wearing these days (referring to the girls)! Especially the ones in Mango tonight!] I couldn't help but laugh. Yeah, I can feel it. I am getting old because I, too, sometimes say those things. Tee hee! Especially because I don't wear such provocative clothes... do I? *bitter*



Too many parties all over Cebu last Saturday night. We had dinner at Ila Puti and then went to Patio Ecila (same place we were at last year) because it was pretty much age-appropriate for us. Plus the music can't be beat. Not too loud either. (OMG! I can't believe I'm saying these things. I'm starting to feel ancient. Haha!) No Embassy, no Loft for us. But did drop by Metro (which used to be Bravio) for some poker. ;)



Damn cold night, too. (What's up with my hands/arms?)

The rest of the weekend we slept, heard mass, shopped/window shopped, and watched movies. Didn't bother to watch the Mardi Gras because you could hardly drop a needle with all the traffic going on. Tsk. Also, I forgot to take pictures of the fireworks! *slaps forehead* Man, they were awesome! Maybe next year ;)
Anyway, thanks Sto. Niño! Although it rained the whole weekend and we got drenched, still we aren't down with any kind of sickness. VIVA! PIT SENYOR!


post signature

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images