Celebrate THE BLOG that lasted!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My blog has evolved! It used to be all talk and verbal diarrhea. Now, it's all images and more images. I just realized it and kinda like how it had turned out actually--despite the fact that it doesn't leave a whole lot to the imagination anymore. :(

Over the years, I've been writing (mostly to my heart's content) notwithstanding the fact that some people actually pay attention to what I have to say. I've been getting comments, suggestions, as well as violent reactions to the stuffs I've posted. Seriously, I didn't think anyone would give a rat's ass to my blogs. And now, even my mom is reading it! OMGWTFBBQ! Okay, *breathe*, so I guess I'll try to be "wholesome" now... LOL!

I was backreading some of the things I wrote in my Friendster/MySpace/Xanga blogs and I realized how different I am now. These blogs actually help me a lot. Not only do I get an outlet (through writing) and a record of how I've turned out to be, but now I'm actually part of something BIG! As in WWW kinda big, mostly thanks to link referrals and blog communities. Have you googled yourself lately? Maybe I should do blogging full-time. Hmmm.

But I love to write. If I had time, you guys know I'd write a book. However, that is not going to happen anytime soon as I am thinking of a career move. It's 2010! I need to make money and I know this year is going to be SOMETHING! I'm pretty sure of it, because I am going to make my own destiny. Sounds conceited enough? It's just positive thinking, you know. I just hope my viewers, readers, friends, and fans(?) would stick around long enough to witness that if one sets her heart on something, IT WILL HAPPEN. And you don't even have to ask how the hell it did!

So I'm cooking up a little something for my birthday this year. I know, I know. Isn't it too early? Well, nothing wrong with being prepared, right? So what's the plan?

Do you want to know? I bet you already do.

Okay, for those who are new to my blog, my birthdays over the recent years have been anything but ordinary. Take for example:

  1. In 2007, I had a kiddie party... at 24! Just because there were too many kids in the neighborhood and MOST of my childhood friends already got kids of their own... so there.

  2. In 2008, I spent it with the juvenile delinquents at the DSWD Holdings in the city. Plus, I gave them slippers!!! Yeah, flip-flops, baby!


  3. In 2009, I was with the little rascals from Recla. I just wish I could give them scholarship grants when I become rich and famous. LOL. Wish ko lang!

See? I'm not all that vain and materialistic as I even claim to be. I have a soft spot, too. I'm generally a nice person. (Aren't we all?) Just don't get on my nerves and we're all good! ;)

So this year... what am I doing?

I'm not telling you yet.

You guys will have to stay tuned to find out.

But I'll give you a hint. Let's just say, it involves a contest and if that's the case... then there will be PRIZES. I'm still sorting things out but this is the plan. I need more sponsors and donors, so if you wanna help me out here, send me a message.

This will involve Twitter and Facebook, too. So you guys just might want to follow me (@MyMariaTV) for updates and add me up at FACEBOOK via this LINK or click the banner below.

MyMaria: Basta Igat, Sikat!

I will be updating those a lot in the coming weeks/months.

Celebrate with me... the gift of life, love, and everything under the sun. You could be a WINNER!

So be part of my birthday this year and let's make it happen, shall we?


xoxo,

post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You have got to be the coolest birthday celebrant ever. Most of us just spend it eating, LOL.

    So I've finally worked out the courage to comment on your blog, after stalking you senseless for the past few months. And because you take such awesome photos, I tagged you here. I hope you'll enjoy it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a very nice way of spending your birthday--giving back to the community. More blessings your way then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice imong birthday celebrations... maybe because you are blessed, i must say. yes you really are. exchange links tayo...

    http://tamayorox.blogspot.com
    http://opinionsofayounglass.blogspot.com

    thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! really an awesome celebration! hope you have more time to spend here in manila and meet more bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys.. I'm almost ready to post the mechanics for my birthdAy contest... stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images