The Crazy World of Cantubo

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tonight was a night like no other. Well, it wasn't as bad as that incident with the crazy lady back in 2008. But this was quite the adrenaline-pumping action I just needed to get the Cobra out of my system. I should stop drinking that stuff late in the day because it gives me insomnia at night.

Anyway, so tonight my yaya since I was ONE year old, who is our cook now, asked me if it was okay to let some of her relatives stay for the night since they weren't able to catch their ride back home and also they had an early appointment at the doctor because they had a sick kid with them. She had to ask for my permission since my parents were already asleep. Naturally and automatically, I agreed since I was raised as a sirado Catolico and I think my mom will be glad I practiced a corporal work of mercy tonight! You know, shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, etc...

It was fun watching them spread mattresses on the floor and camp like Girl Scouts in what used to be the bedroom of Lola (may God bless her soul).



It made me want to jump right in and tell stories under a blanket with a flashlight on.

Okay, so that was the fun part of tonight. The really messed up bit was when Noodle Boy's car alarm went off non-stop in a frenzy. He rushed outside thinking that a motorcycle must have hit it or something... Only to find out that some crazy dude went inside and tried to lock himself in. WTF?!

I rushed outside when I heard the alarm was still going off because I was worried my parents might get up and I seriously didn't want it to bother my dad since he needs to be up early for a tournament tomorrow. I think Noodle Boy's UFC skills (from playing PS3) got a hold of him and he was rather calm as he restrained the guy... BUT WITH A KNIFE!

I panicked, running back to the house and flipping over 3 phone directories looking for the number of the Police Station! WTF! I should really memorize that number. I was also yelling for Bobby, our driver, who happened to be taking a shower at the worst possible time and then I was telling everyone else who was awake to go outside and help Noodle Boy, unaware that I was also waking the neighbors up with my booming voice. That helped, okay!? So lots of people were already running outside including my aunts who heard my voice all the way from their bedroom in their house, I'm guessing, some 50 feet away.

By the time I went outside after informing the police of the situation, Noodle Boy had the door on the driver's side opened with the man on the driver's seat not moving or saying anything. Without waiting for me to ask, he said, "Buang mani siya nga tiguwang." (This is a crazy old guy.)

"How do you know that?" I asked as I made a beeline towards him. Then it hit me... Oh, the stench!!!! The crazy old man stunk like... like... I dunno... like nothing I've ever smelled before!!! Sheesh. *shudders at the thought* OMG! Then I said, "No shit, the car is gonna smell really bad!!!" Noodle Boy was giving me the squinting eye look as if to say, "You think?"

I couldn't see the man's face because he was wearing a freaking helmet!!! WHAT THE HELL!??! He was inside the car wearing a helmet! Okay, this is really crazy. Confirmed. So I stepped back to breathe some fresh Ormoc City air and heard my aunt say, "Kuhaa imo camera!" (Get your camera!) Or was it my yaya who said that? I can't really remember but I ran inside SALA Lounge + Café (yes, it's actually located beside our house, thank you very much) to get my cam.

We waited for the police to arrive because we didn't want to alarm the crazy dude since we can't possibly know what's going inside his crazy head!

A couple of minutes later, the Police arrived and so I snapped some shots.





Again, the helmet! I don't know if I should laugh or what.



Poor guy. But I mean, come on, what was he thinking? Okay, he's crazy... but what is the government or whoever is in charge with these people doing and why are they in our streets?!?



Shelter the homeless. I thought again. "But my house isn't a loony bin," said the right hemisphere of my brain. I think this is an exemption. This is way beyond me or my corporal works of mercy.





He had no shoes. :(



So I told myself, "Let the police do their jobs." And whoever else is concerned about this should definitely do something. Obviously, these crazy people are not from this part of town. I think that these are loonies who need special care or treatment and that the government (obviously since these people have been abandoned by their own families) should deal with this... you know, for obvious reasons.

Alright, that's the end of my adrenaline rush. Now, I think the Cobra has worn off and I'm hitting the sack... wondering what craziness is gonna happen next here in good ol' Cantubo.

Well, I didn't post a blog about that thief who tried to rob my aunt's store a month or two ago as it was raining pretty hard that time and it was almost 3AM. But I did manage to take a snapshot of the slippers the thief had left behind as he ran like mad when the neighbors caught him prying the door open. (I can't seem to find the picture now.) And that other incident when silly me left the electric fan in our terrace that one fateful night and somebody stole it! OMG. Someone must be in dire need of a cooling fan! Oh, please... (I'm being sarcastic here.) And where the hell are our barangay tanods? My neighborhood (or should I say the authorities?) really must look into this.

But for now, I'll go to a safer place in my dreams while I count sheeps. Goodnight, world!


post signature

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. hehehehe there is a crazy dude here at banilad near the fly over and is wearing a helmet also. and found one near san carlos main pag scott kelby photowalk pero female nag wear sad helmet.

    i think ang mga crazy people these days are really careful they might hit their heads and go insane (or the other way around?)

    mai nakahinumdum ko ug post sa multiply, imo ba to kato naay buang nisulod sa balay, natulog sa katre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup.. naa ang link diha sa taas ---> http://www.bastaigatsikat.com/2008/05/this-is-one-crazy-lady-oh-really.html

    re: helmet... i think mao nay ila panagang karun kay basin bunalan sila diretso sa ulo.. o diba? naa silay protection!... hageeee.. kuyaw na gyud ang kalibutan kai dahan na gyud buang... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww uhh ..wala mn gud ko gabasa tanan kay taas (tapul)
    sa sunod eyes on the board na, no talking or standing hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, while I was reading your post...I was like in an adrenalin rush too....its like reading a novel and anticipating what to happen... I really do not want to scroll down and get the ending of the story via the picture itself.

    But he was indeed a very poor guy but crazy enough to get inside the car...oh well, what is happening now in the Philippines, Mr. President please do something with the homeless, they have funds for them you know. And someone should give them shelter. How about their families??? totally sad thinking about that poor guy!

    I was always smiling with your expression about the car that is going to stink hahahaha!!!! I think we will have the same thought if this happened to me too...

    Good thing nothing serious did happen...

    kisses love
    Sweet
    PensandLens

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did that old man manage to get in the car? did he force it open?

    if i was in your shoes? dili na tingali ko kalihok. hehehe

    www.jabberedonion.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images