Sex And The City (of Ormoc!)

Monday, August 23, 2010

If you're looking for information or eye candy to satisfy your filthy mind, you're not getting it here. Shoo! Go away, you pervert. I am blogging this entry because I think I've had the worst PMS of my life for the past few days and because it's that time of the month now, I am very, very emotional right now. ~_~ However, isn't it a wonder when boobs suddenly become a cup larger? I've become a C.. or almost a D now! Did you know that women have PMS once every month so that they can act like men do the rest of the month? Tee hee. I kid, I kid.


See? Even Noodle Boy had to make a remark.

I think I watched Miley Cyrus' The Last Song at a very wrong time. I got really emotional and all last night but I just can't resist watching movies set in small towns because I would always imagine it to be just like good ol' Ormoc City. And for a change of scenery, I also watched Sex And The City (Part 2). I know I'm really late in watching these flicks but I can't help it. I don't like going to the movies anymore because first of all, the "only" theatre in town does not really give me a cinematic experience and secondly, I think it stinks (literally!). So I would rather wait for an HD release or better yet, a Blu-Ray copy, so I can have total immersion on whatever movie I want to see in the comfort of SALA Lounge + Café. ^_^

Anyways, speaking of small towns, you really can't avoid any controversy and drama when you live in one. I mean, it's sort of given, you know. You live in a small town... and people talk... even before you actually do anything. What's worse than that? I'll tell you what. Growing up in a small town AND WATCHING SEX AND THE CITY ON HBO! I mean, seriously... I had raging hormones during that time those episodes aired on TV. What was I supposed to do!? On Tuesday nights, my girl friends and I would watch the show religiously and wonder what it is actually like to be independent, liberal, and highly opinionated women? Intimidating maybe but truly admirable. But what if you're in Ormoc City and you are just like that? Not a chance! However, crazy (and stubborn) as I am, I tried to give it a go... plus I was coming of age. Can you honestly blame me?

When you're a twenty-something, playing with fire is like a drug. You know you have to stay away from it but it draws you toward it like light to a black hole. Some are strong enough to resist it, but others are like moths to a flame. And when people start talking, it can get blown out of proportion even if you didn't actually get burned. It can get so far out that even I didn't get an exemption. I actually passed the Civil Service Exam (on my first take!) when I took it while I was working as the appointments secretary and the city mayor's speechwriter before I graduated college. I could have worked as a regular government employee should I have agreed to my mom's offer since she was in fact Human Resource Manager of the local government unit that time and I had my qualifications. But I declined. For reasons that I cannot think I would survive in a place where "chismis" is the absolute food for thought. And worse, I could become the "pulutan" of their gossip.

Now I don't really want to talk about past controversies and scandals in detail here because I'd like to keep people wondering what really happened. People around here can't mind their own business, so I'd like to keep the mystery. HAHA! The only thing left to do back then was skip town. So I ran away from it... Big deal! So what? *rolls eyes* It was too annoying to be around people who were nice to you in your face and then gossip behind your back all the time. It was tiresome. I get anonymous text messages! And I didn't want to endure all the "Tupperware" treatment from everyone. I needed to be in a place where nobody would give a shit about the things I do.

A trip to the US after my college graduation was in order and what better way to get away than head to the city that never sleeps. Hello, New York! Yes, I was in the Big Apple 6 years ago and I am definitely going back for more.


The next time I'll be in Times Square, I want it to be on New Year's Eve and see that ball drop. 


Enjoying the concrete jungle in Central Park.

Of course, The Statue of Liberty and St. Patrick's Square.

Seez Yeng took me on a girls night out in Manhattan.

I was at the 2004 US Open! The hotdogs are to die for!

NYPD Blues. LOL! I couldn't resist.

And for the first time, I learned how to do the laundry. :P

So now my last song syndrome is Alicia Keys' Empire State of Mind Part 2 (what's with all the sequels?) and this version really blew me away.



The song also made me miss New York so much. Hence, the blog. I'll be sure to go back and visit NYC with Noodle Boy someday, but I think I can't actually live in a place like that. Life is too fast there and I'm really not cut out for that.

After watching Sex And The City 2, I had mixed emotions. Suddenly for a moment, I missed being "single" but more importantly, I am now even more excited to be married and I no longer want to go to Abu Dhabi or the Middle East anymore (just because it's too conservative there and I don't want to go to jail for exposing some skin). LOL! One thing I never learned from the movie over all these years was how to be a fashionista. It has never occurred to me nor did it ever cross my mind to sacrifice comfort for style. Although I'd love to have those Manolo Blahniks one day (if I can afford it). I'm quite happy with my jeans, tee shirts, and flip flops. Thank you.

Anyways, If you haven't seen the movie, maybe it's about time you should. In fact, Noodle Boy watched it with me even though he is absolutely clueless about SATC and cannot possibly follow the story of Carrie and the girls. I asked him why he watched it and why didn't he fall asleep. He said, "It's fun watching you get excited with your eyes becoming all wide and you with that silly grin on your face." As much I wanted to slap him in the face because he's making fun of me when I am emotionally unstable because of my period, Noodle Boy is just too sweet. He loves me... and I love him. Gosh, you should see his face when he watches me eat. HAHAHA! Well, okay, maybe not. That's just for me to see. Tee hee.



By the way, before I go let me congratulate Bebidas on their 5th Anniversary!!! ***HIGH FIVE***


xoxo,
post signature

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images