He's The One, The Only One, My Super One!!!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Question: Who is your Super ONE and why?

Answer: It comes as no surprise when I'm asked who is my Super One and I say, "Of course, my Noodle Boy!" Need I say more? Nope, but let's go back in time and watch how all of this came to be. 

Our story spans across a timeline of 17 years before we became an item. We've been classmates since preschool & we were in the same section throughout grade school, participated in the same activities, and joined the same clubs...


..,.and we were seatmates for 4 freakin' years all throughout high school!



In college and after school, we became drinking & poker buddies. What do you expect? We have the same circle of friends. I guess that's expected when you live in a small town.



Isn't that enough time to make you sick with each other? Definitely maybe. When you've known a person long enough, two things can happen... it's either you start treating him or her like a sibling or he or she becomes your mate. The latter of course was what became of us. But it wasn't all that simple. It was a little bit more complicated than it seemed. There certainly is no happy ending... just happily ever after. ^_^

If you've been following my blog all these years, you'd know I've had all those past crazy relationships. But somewhere along that time, I failed to mention Noodle Boy's presence. Perhaps because I was afraid to admit my feelings for him then. He kept leaving for the US at certain points in time and a long distance relationship wasn't big on my agenda. All the while whenever he was out of the country, we'd keep in touch via mIRC or Yahoo and the last time he was in the US, we had Skype to thank for.



Rewind a couple of years... Whenever I go through break-ups he was always there to lend an ear and a shoulder to cry on. In fact, he knows all my ex-boyfriends! He doesn't just know them by name, he knows them personally because he's also friends with them! Awkward? No. Because he knows what I've been through and I'm guessing that's why he's taking good care of me and treating me good because he knows EVERYTHING about me. And mind you, it's not out of pity. That's for sure.

Take for instance, this one guy I broke off a relationship with because he had a gambling addiction. I asked Noodle Boy that time:

Ramen Girl: (sobbing) If you were my boyfriend and I'd ask you to stop playing poker, would you stop?
Noodle Boy: Yes. In a heartbeat.
Ramen Girl: (*sniffs* & smiles)

But too bad he wasn't my boyfriend then, and I got dissed for poker. Even in life, you need to learn when to fold. Yet I had to endure 3 years of being with a gambler until I had the courage to get up and leave. Then another time when I was in a relationship with a drug user/liar/thief (long story!), he saw me get hurt, bled, cried buckets of tears, and go paranoid.

Still Noodle Boy didn't leave my side. He even offered his love one time back then and I refused because I failed to see that the most important thing is right in front me. When the smoke cleared and the dust settled in my life, the first thing I saw was him and I knew it was a sign. Why is he always there for me? So I thought hard and long at what could have been and what might be... then it became clear as daylight. Noodle Boy is The One.

I asked myself why we never got together before and I realized that maybe it's just like what they say... save the best for last. I was afraid to take our friendship to the next level. I wanted him to be there for me all the time. As my bestfriend, I am assured of it. But I realized I've been so selfish. He wanted us to be more and I flat-out refused. 

In spite of all that, he never left my side. He saw me through it all. He never judged me even once. (Except for his constant reminder that I need to tone down my voice because it's making him deaf! Yes, I talk loud... really loud! :P) But as far as looks and attitude, he never attempted to change me. Until now he tells me that he loves me for who I am and not for what I am. It is I who wanted to change my ways to become a better person... because of him. Still I kept asking him a lot of questions before because I didn't want to be in another messy relationship and I was too chicken sh*t to even admit my own feelings. I wanted to be sure this time. So one time he answered me, and I quote him (I wrote this down on my journal), "The answer to the WHAT, WHO, WHERE, WHEN, HOW, and WHY is YOU. It all boils down to you. The logic or without logic. The reason or without reason. It's still you. It all goes down to one answer only. Even in one word or letter. Only... U."

Still I persisted and I asked him...

Ramen Girl: Am I your dream girl?
Noodle Boy: Duh! I've been dreaming of you since 4th grade!

BAM! That was it. He had a crush on me for years! It was only last year that he had the courage to really tell me all about it. So I asked him why. "Why confess your love now?" I had asked him a year ago. He replied, "I wanted to see you grow and learn for yourself. As I did. I want us to be ready. I'm tired of playing." And my heart stopped when he added, "And it's you. You know it's always been you." Finally a guy who is going to take me seriously!

He even wrote me this poem when we were miles apart:

Days pass by and time does fly,
Yet every moment without her, things cannot justify.
The places I’ve been, the things I’ve seen,
Still nothing compares to the joy she brings.

A thousand miles away from me,
Is where my heart longs to be.
In her tender arms is what I seek,
Her touch, her kiss that makes me weak.

I miss the laugh, I miss the smile,
I miss the girl that makes it all worthwhile.
Every place I go it’s her face I see,
Thinking how things could have been if she was here with me.

Distance, maybe, is keeping us apart,
But it’s her love that keeps pulling back my heart.
I may not know what tomorrow will bring,
But I do know she’s the song I sing.

The music of my life is she,
My song of songs is what she'll be.
With her, words come out inside me,
Like lyrics in songs and some touch of poetry.

She brings magic in my so-called life,
Someday I wish I could call her my wife.
For now all I can do is wait and see,
Till I come home and in her loving arms I’ll be.

I miss her much and I miss her still,
I love her now and I always will.
She’s all I want and she’s all I need beside me,
The reason and meaning of my life...is she. 
-by MVF, 09/13/09

So when I accepted Noodle Boy's love I had realized after all these years of trial and error, working things out and even holding on to something that you should have let go already or believing that nothing lasts forever, it’s the truth that one truly cares for someone else and loves that person when one accepts the fact that the other person’s happiness is more important than their own.


Fast foward to the present... Noodle Boy and I are "officially" together for a year. And everything has fallen into place. Our relationship is geared towards our personal growth and maturity. I know it sounds so serious but hey, we get to have all the fun we want because we've proven ourselves to be responsible and with that comes trust from our folks! Cool, huh!? Never thought of that before. We also established SALA Lounge + Café and The Ramenoodles Photography in less than 6 months and we also have a blog (that we have yet to update) where we share pictures of the places we've been and the foods we've tried. We haven't been traveling lately because work is taking so much of our time... But the best part of it all? We're inseparable. Sure we fight sometimes, but that's normal. All because we agree to disagree. ;) And the only things that make us opposite are the things we have in common.

Some people wonder if we ever get tired of seeing each other... umm, this is all I've got to say. We've been friends for 24 years and our relationship is strongly based on friendship. I think we've gone way past the seven-year itch. :)

Why not get married already? Well, that's another story. Let's save that for another blog entry. This one here's rather long. In the meantime, watch this video and see how love has inspired us to do so many things together that we never thought we could do before. As the saying goes, we are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. You don't need a Superman to make a difference, all you need is your SUPER ONE! :P


Obviously we still can't get enough of each other and now that Globe Telecom launched their Super One service, I told my Noodle Boy that we ought to get one. It's hard enough living in the province and having dead spots for our Sun Cellular lines. I pitched to him that this could be a solution for us since Noodle Boy's house happens to be a clear dead spot for a Sun signal. Honestly! Once you step inside their house, signal's gone! Just like that! But we haven't been able to avail of the Super One since only Postpaid subscribers (yet!) may avail of it and our Globe sim cards are both prepaid!

And for those who don't know about it yet, Globe Super One allows you to have that one  specific number registered to get an unlimited text and call service for a flat fee of Php150 per month (or Php175 for My Super Plan subscribers). Isn't that neat? Globe has great coverage in Ormoc City so there isn't any problem with dead spots and the like.

We were thinking of getting a Blackberry plan but it seems like the Globe Super One sounds more appropriate for us since we're now both here in the same city. Unless of course, Noodle Boy goes back to the US again (or perhaps me this time around) then the Blackberry would be perfect.

But for now, let's all keep the faith & stay in love!

post signature

You Might Also Like

12 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images