Why I Love My Havaianas

Friday, May 21, 2010



My love affair with Havaianas started when I chanced upon the gold metallic Tops back in 2006. Never had I worn flip-flops that felt like home to my feet. I didn’t think I would get hooked on it, but apparently it was love at first sight. I was addicted. Then I became so obsessed that I wanted to obtain every color… and I did.

A few months later since I discovered Havaianas, I found out that I could purchase more of these babies online. I scouted eBay, American Sole, Amazon, Agua Viva USA, New Urban Male, Igapost, Brastudo and even Brazilian sites that required translations such as americanas.com and CIABRASIL. I bought so many Havaianas online that I became a household name for couriers such as FedEx/Air21 and LBC. The delivery boys would already assume every time they hand me a package that it’s just another pair of “flip-flops” as declared. They would chuckle at the thought that I am collecting “slippers”. They just didn’t understand the thrill and excitement that I feel as I tear open my packages and the way it lights up my entire face with genuine delight! Ahhh! The satisfaction of having pairs of Limited Edition Havaianas! It’s like a slice of heaven really.

I should say it is the hunt for Havaianas that makes everything so stimulating. It stirs me up and almost drives me crazy. Since I became so passionate with Havaianas, I would easily give my trust to anyone who could provide me with the best deal and give them to me as soon as possible. It was then that I got scammed for 11 thousand Pesos for being so overly zealous and besotted. But that didn’t stop me. Instead my passion flared and I bought more Havaianas pairs with a vengeance. Mall shops would text me if they have new stocks and I would rush to them in frenzy while feeling the “Havaianas high”.

Of note, my prized possessions are my Wonder Woman pairs, the Japanese Chisos and the Sayegusa (Tortoise and Hare), the New York Fashion Week (Rosa Cha) pair, the exclusive pairs I won from Havaianas contests like the 7 Waves and Take Me To The Nearest Beach, MYOH pairs, the Saks Fifth Avenue designer pairs (Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown), the Luke Stedman pairs (Tonight We Ride and Bones) along with the No War pair from Australia, the Boracay Mono Dots and Nautical Stripes pairs, CIA Maritima pair, Filipinas pairs, and my metallic Silver, Gold Logo and Mesh pairs. Over time I have acquired more than 60 pairs (exluding the ones I gave as gifts!) as shown at my Multiply site, and to quote Mrs. Imelda Marcos, "If you know how much you've got, you probably haven't got much." Well, doesn’t it get more imeldific that that?




I have attended Havaianas events such as Make Your Own Havaianas and the Havaianas Free Kick, but my “sole” searching isn’t over yet. Every year, Havaianas gives us even more beautiful pairs and it has become a must for my feet to feel the goodness it brings.

So why do I love my Havaianas? The answer to this question is pretty simple really. Havaianas is LOVE. There is nothing in the world bolder, sexier, and more sensual than having my two happy feet bask every day in the lush softness of rubber comfort that only Havaianas can give.

...



Please make me happy and send me to Brazil to make my dreams come true.
Havaianas, HAPPY SOLES... Please vote for me!!! Click here:





post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! The Rustan's Red Tag store at Robinson's Manila sells Havs at discounted rates. I did a blog entry about the store a few days ago.

    http://theaveragejane00900.blogspot.com/2010/05/rustans-red-tag-store-robinsons-manila.html

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them also. I have to wear normal shoes to work and stuff. I keep them in my car and put them on in the parking lot. Lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images