Sunscream 2010

Monday, May 03, 2010



The annual Barks & Co. summer outing this year took place in none other than the beautiful island of Bantayan.



We took the Ormoc-Palompon-Pulambato-Hagnaya-Sta. Fe route... for the fastest, cheapest way to go.

You guys have read my previous Bantayan escapade and this year I'm gonna show you the other side of it.



Our destination: Maia's Beach Resort in Bantayan Island! Why? Because it's the only place in the island that's got a pool! No kidding! We searched a number of resorts and this is the only place that met the group's minimum criteria. LOL!







And the official transpo? A Mercedes Benz van! *payter!*





And get this! They have a bar named after... me. Tee hee! You know, I used to be "Maia" back in elementary. It's the nickname my mom gave me. My birthday cakes used to have that name.







It's a little bit farther from the island's party strip but we had the place to ourselves!



Yup, the place kept their exclusive touch thanks to only 6 cottages/bungalows for rent. The resort sits on a coral reef but the only thing missing was water sports and it could have been the next Plantation Bay! =P







Perfect for pre-nup???  :tongue-wink:





As you can see, we also went to Madridejos to check out Kota Park. We ought to have gone to see the glorious sunset but we got there around midday, and good thing it was high tide so the beach was magnificent! Again, it reminded me of the California coast.







Here is the most amazing thing I've come across during this trip though.



It's called Pina-angkan or something like that... It's from a chicken who had an abortion. Can you imagine?



I think it's the uterus of the chicken because it has like 4-6 eggs inside it. It's actually quite oishi!

And here's pure honey!



So until Summer of 2011!





More pictures in my Multiply site.

-Abrupt end of post-

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images