Food (for the gods) -- WARNING: Do not read if you're hungry.

Friday, May 02, 2008

******************************
Don't say I didn't warn you.
I'm not blogging about a special recipe though. It's just a bunch of photos of the food I stuffed myself during last Sunday's get-together with the Cousin Club.

I just love international cuisine. In fact, I love food in general. Even though I am the biggest carnivore I know, I don't mind trying new dishes; but I still stay away from anything green.

I live by this equation: Green = Vegetables = YUCK!

And so without further ado, I present to you... the best FILIPINO lunch ever!!!

My native tongue still craves for native food. So no amount of Japanese, Italian, or whatever dish you serve me, I will still favor homemade Filipino meal.


Kuya Ariol's special kinilaw.


My mom's crispy pata.

Do not be fooled by the plate. It's not sizzling squid. Just grilled.

The sinigang that you just can't get enough.

The lechon baboy.

HUUUUUUUUGE grilled tuna belly.

And one of my favorite foods of all time ~~~ MUSHROOMS!!!


Otherwise known as "LIBGOS". They usually sprout only after a thunderstorm, thus, it's not very often that I get to savor it! In other words, LIMITED EDITION! Tee hee!


But what's for dessert?

PICHI-PICHI!!! I think it's some kind of cassava with coconut stuff on it. I could be wrong but it's delicious!!! I could finish a whole box all by myself. HA!
Then again, a full meal is never complete without ICE CREAM! And this time, I opted for something a bit different.

Frozen kisses?



NO! It's Nestle Pops! YUM!!!




Special thanks to my mom and Anna*, my new yaya, for preparing this very sumptuous luncheon while this spoiled little girl slept. Hek hek hek.

*(She's my nanny's daughter. Yaya Mila, who is now our cook, took care of me for the past 24 years! She's the one responsible for great tasting meals we have back home [in Ormoc]. Maybe we should open a carenderia. Everyone knows how good her pancit and utan bisaya aka las-ay are! But I don't eat the latter. Remember my equation?)

Still... what is it that I truly keep coming back in Cebu for?



Yup! The shawarma!!!



Shish! I can't get enough of this one either! HA HA HA!

Now I'm getting a borborygmus. *sigh* Maybe I'll dream of food later. Let me go get some watermelon now. Until then!

⋆✌㋡⋆ 陳美西

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images