If it weren't purple...

Sunday, May 25, 2008



...I would have never ever given them another chance. Couriers can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Nobody is perfect alright but damn it, get your shit right. LOL! Okay, I'm calm now. But let me tell you what happened anyway.

I ordered Obagi for the Nth time and had it delivered at my Cebu address. It's not the first time, you know. Honestly, I've used Air21 around 90% of the time for my freight needs. Just because they're purple. Haha. They're not the cheapest but they do offer pick-ups so you don't have to go to their offices to send something... and that's really convenient! I do most of my shopping online and also sell stuff online, so Air21 really comes in handy. Until recently.



I trust Air21's speed when it comes to delivery over JRS or even LBC for that matter. I prefer Air21 over ToGo because the latter's color is shocking pink. Hehe. I can't really stress it enough, but the sight of the purple van pulling up my driveway is a sight to behold! EVERY TIME! Ha Ha! I've been wishing for a purple vehicle for as long as I can remember.

So, back to my story. The guys called me up Friday morning because they wanted directions to the house. Uhhh, okay... so they had a new delivery guy. Fine! I waited the whole day but no one came.

Saturday came and people have been constantly calling me for their orders. Air21 really had it coming. I asked Banggoy to call their customer service for Cebu. It's (032) 341-21-21 for those of you who couldn't find it in the directory. The lady told us that they made the delivery BUT NO ONE WAS HOME. OMG! WHAT THE F... I was home the WHOLE DAY! Bullshit!!!

I waited until 5 p.m. for the delivery but still no sign of the purple van! So I called the hotline again. Some dude answered and said it was still with the delivery guy assigned to the area, who by the way, DID NOT CALL ME AGAIN at least to verify if he had the right house or something. It's exasperating, really.

By 7 p.m. as soon as I finished work and in spite of the horrible weather (a perfect timing for a totally ruined day), Banggoy and I headed to the airport. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the FedEx/Air21 warehouse is in MACTAN island! Well, good thing I'm from Mandaue so it took us 15-20 minutes (more or less) to get to the airport.


According to their website: AIR21 is under the flagship of Airfreight 2100, Inc., the exclusive licensee of Federal Express Corporation in the Philippines. It serves all the pick-up, customs clearance and delivery needs of FedEx in the country. It was given sole authority to use the Fedex trademark. From then on, AIR21 chartered a course that has led to its dominance of the country’s freight forwarding industry.



By the time we got there, we were informed that the package was still with the delivery guy. Come on. By now I was convinced the guy must be playing hooky or something. I mean, Mandaue City isn't THAT big of a place and it shouldn't take someone 2 days to figure out where I live. This is not freaking Hundred Islands!



There was really nothing we could do there because the van was still out there somewhere! We gave them directions (AGAIN!) and took off to get some grub.



It was almost 8 p.m. and my stomach had freaking borborygmi already. So we went to get fastfood (just because I was feeling depressed) and when we got home.. well... SURPRISE! SURPRISE!



It's too bad I wasn't home to receive it, because fo' shizzle I would take a freaking picture of the NEW delivery guy and give him a piece of my mind. You know, just to inform him that the next time he doesn't know where to deliver stuff, he should keep in contact!

And so, if it really weren't for their purple color, this incident probably would make me NOT want to use their service ever again. But alas, they got my weakness. LOL! Go purple go!

⋆✌㋡⋆ 陳美西

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images