Reel Life PossibiliTEAS: My Lipton FruiTEA Melody!

Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm still on the process of opening up SALA Patio + Bar which is waayyy overdue already and had been experimenting with a couple of drinks to serve by pitcher. I stumbled upon a really cool concoction as of late that can either be alcoholic or non-alcoholic depending on your mood. Very easy to prepare and perfect for those hot summer nights... or if you just want a cooler to share with a couple of friends.

First things first... the basic ingredient is none other than LIPTON Yellow Label Tea. Now, here's something I'd like to share since I'm a big fan of tea. My grandfather is of Chinese descent and he used to drink tea a lot. I think he did just that every day when he was still alive. My mom keeps reminding me of the benefits of tea to our bodies. I don't really use those instant iced tea litro packs because aside from being too sweet for my taste, it doesn't do justice to the tea I'm very used to drinking. So LIPTON black tea it is for a premium tea experience...



Truly you can just add the tea bags to a cup of hot water, but I like to properly steep my tea. I know, it's a bit tedious but hey, THERE REALLY IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN TASTE! You'll see... just try it. 



No rules in steeping tea really... I say, just STEEP TO TASTE! ;) Then let it cool for 30 minutes before drinking it. If it's iced tea I want, I usually refrigerate the tea first.

Recipe for My Lipton FruiTEA Melody mix as follows:


You can use calamansi or lemon if you wish but I was inclined to use orange juice this time. I also prefer the fresh ones but if there aren't any available, any PULPY orange juice mix will do. My preferred fruit cocktail is the one with grapes, pears, apples, peaches, and cherries. Not really fond of the local fruits, i.e. pineapples, papayas, etc. (But that's just me and it's my recipe, sooo...) Oh, and don't forget the NATA DE COCO! (Goodness! I love really really those!!!) To sweeten the tea, either I use honey, sugar, or caramelized sugar -- depending on what I have on hand or the time I have to spend to make my tea. Tee hee!



Writing about this makes me really thirsty for My Lipton FruiTEA Melody! Wahhhh... Note: Must make some after I blog this.



The making of  My Lipton FruiTEA Melody:


And here's my first customer, Ms. Aning Acebedo sampling My Lipton FruiTEA Melody!

She came by after running some errands all over the city and was pretty tired from it. After sampling and downing her first drink she exclaimed, "LAMI-AHHHH!" (Delicious!) And she also added that it's a real thirst quencher considering how hot and humid the weather gets. So very pleased to see her reaction! I mean, I felt and said the very same thing when I tried it the first time.

Because iced tea is refreshing and fruits are good for you, this drink is highly recommended! And I'm glad I can share this to the whole world; well if not, to my family, friends, and customers at least anyway. ;) Sharing is loving, diba? LIPTON is LOVE!!!

Whenever you drink tea, think about these top 10 benefits:
1. Tea contains antioxidants.
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee.
3. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.
4. Tea protects your bones.
5. Tea gives you a sweet smile.
6. Tea bolsters your immune defenses.
7. Tea protects against cancer.
8. Tea helps keep you hydrated.
9. Tea is calorie-free.
10. Tea increases your metabolism.
(Source: iVillage)

But for me, I think the best thing that tea does to me aside from all of the above is the fact that I can get really CRAZY CREATIVE (sometimes O.C. in a good way) when I drink tea. I mean, take a look at this blog post. I drank tea just before I wrote this!

Furthermore, come nighttime, if you're the adventurous kind (Ahem!) and want some good time, you can add some liquor to My Lipton FruiTEA Melody and it becomes a real mean fruit punch. (Think: Long Island Iced Tea!) SWEEEEEET! Talk about versatile! So now I'm considering making this concoction a regular drink at our cafe. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a big hit with the young ones. ;)

Since tea makes me feel good, I get to run my business (and my life!) even better. It doesn't matter how big or small you are or what you do, it's all about having fun and loving it. Managing a business, however small, is so much sweeter with Lipton. I'd like to share that experience with everyone. So I think I'm gonna start serving this at SALA Lounge + Cafe (SALA Patio + Bar) soon. Drop by if you wanna try it!

My Lipton FruiTEA Melody

oxo,

post signature



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and violent reactions! I will do my best to reply to you as soon as I can. :)

Instagram

Flickr Images