Review: The Science of Beauty with Kinerase Gentle Daily Cleanser & Lotion (for Oily Skin!)

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Last week, I sampled these items I got from my June BDJ Box that included the KINERASE GENTLE DAILY CLEANSER and LOTION, which are both best for oily skin. A week prior to this, I broke out due to eating peanuts. IKR?! But who can resist those honey roasted nuts??? So naturally, my skin suffered the consequences and I needed to clear those zits ASAP. I figured I should let the science of beauty do some magic.

kinerase gentle daily cleanser and lotion review for oily skin

I have oily skin as you already know so I need products to work specifically for my skin type. It's a good thing that the BDJ Team paid attention to this and sent me the lotion instead of the cream. Thanks, guys! And now for my review:

KINERASE GENTLE DAILY CLEANSER - Pretty much like any gentle cleanser including the scent except it foams up. I've used Physiogel and Cetaphil before and my son used them as well for when his skin gets all sensitive. Compared to those two popular gentle cleansers which leaves me feeling like my face isn't clean enough since they don't foam up, the Kinerase one does the job of a cleanser extremely well. I wear makeup so I need something that actually washes these things off. The consistency is kinda runny as you can see in the photo above, so I just use a pea-size amount to wash my face. This 5 mL sample lasted me a week! After washing, it also doesn't strip my face dry so that's a really good thing. Even people with oily skin need some good old moisture. This much I know. In addition, it leaves my face very soft after washing; it feels like it just got scrubbed clean sans the roughness of actual scrubs! It leaves a cool sensation on the skin, too. Price though is steep for me at Php 2,800 for a 200mL bottle at first glance.  Although according to my experience with the sample size, the big bottle should last me approximately 40 weeks (or 10 months) to finish! So with that in mind, I guess it's an investment I'll be definitely considering the next time I shop for a cleanser. Let's hope it'll be available here locally or at least can be bought online then. Rating: ★★★★

KINERASE LOTION - When people think of lotion, they immediately think it's for the body only. I know, I do. This one from Kinerase is actually for the face and it's amazing. It works just like a gel moisturizer. It's definitely for oily skin. Really good for our hot and humid tropical climate. Once applied, I need to work fast because my skin absorbs this like a sponge. I hate creams because it takes forever for my skin to absorb them and I have to wait so long just so I can apply my BB cream or foundation. But with this lotion, I can do my BB cream/foundation routine and not be fashionably late all the time. No weird scent either so that's a great thing for one who also has sensitive skin like me! Ugh. Oily + sensitive skin, it just can't get any worse, doesn't it? If it were cheaper, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But a full-size 40g product costs a whooping Php 4,950. Way beyond my beauty budget honestly. Rating: ★★★★

OVERALL RATING: 






Combined with my favorite acne spot corrector, this daily regimen helped clear out my skin for the entire week that I used it. I also noticed good oil control using these products. Also, I stopped eating peanuts so no new pimples have erupted since. Yay! Although I got mild darkening and little scars from this episode but that's really nothing a good foundation or BB cream can't hide. ;)

The secret to timeless beauty
That's all for now! Thanks for dropping by and stay tuned for more product reviews...



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images