Review: AVON VITAluscious lipstick in Reviving Red

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Aside from nude lipsticks, I also love red lippies. Well, who doesn't, right? But I have a particular shade of red that I prefer and Avon's ultra rich moisturizing lipstick in O400 Reviving Red is exactly that shade. So it became my second favorite item inside my June BDJ Box. (Wanna know my most favorite item? Read here.)

avon vitaluscious reviving red
AVON VITAluscious ultra sich moisturizing lipstick in REVIVING RED

And now for my personal review:

I love the fact that the BDJ team sent me this shade because I just LOVE it! The first time I applied it, I was however a little bit disappointed because I needed to apply it 3 x more to get a lovely dark shade. With just one coat, it's just like a tinted gloss/balm. And that's great when you just want a not so bold red on your lips for a daytime wear. The more you put it on, the more pigmented it gets and that's awesome for night parties! I guess that's expected from something extra moisturizing, you'll need to build the color. Must be the oil in it? I'm not sure though. Check these swatches.

avon vitaluscious reviving red
REVIVING RED, swatched once/twice/thrice
It's also kinda flavored/scented but not so much. Mine tasted/smelled like cherries. :) I love that because I love cherries! Since this lipstick is super moisturizing, I don't even have to apply my favorite cherry-flavored Carmex lip balm to my naturally dry lips. Tee hee. I'm already assuming this tube of lipstick won't last me long because I have to keep reapplying throughout the day since the staying power is not very good either. Like I said, it feels (even tastes) like lip gloss to me so it's worlds away from the long wearing properties of most matte lipsticks. But the shade is a gorgeous red and the price is so affordable at only Php 299! So I do see myself buying this in the future, and not just for me but I could very well give these as Christmas or birthday presents. My usually chapped lips are so grateful for this and I can tell the nourishing vitamins really work to hydrate and sooth my lips. Take a look at these selfies photos where I'm using the AVON VITAluscious lipstick in Reviving Red.

avon vitaluscious reviving red
Testing for my passport photo. Tee hee.
My Miley Cyrus moment.
You can play with lighting or tints for different shades and I found out that it's great worn above your favorite matte lipstick because it absolutely keeps your lips from drying out especially if you're like me with dry, chapped lips. :) It's a wonderful product and I would give it a 5/5 for moisturizing and hydrating, a 4/5 for the price, and a 3/5 for its staying power.

My 4th of July themed makeup, REVIVING RED worn over a matte lipstick. See HERE.

OVERALL RATING:





Until my next beauty review. I'll be doing a couple more over the next few days/weeks as well as watch  out for my upcoming tech-related blog posts. Please stay tuned and do come back for more. Thanks for dropping by!



TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images