Review: Colour Collection Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine + LOTD/FOTD/MOTD!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tupperware Colour Collection's Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine
Colour Collection Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine
I love RED lipsticks. I love wearing it all year round. It really is a universal shade because for me,  it doesn't matter what your skintone or undertone is. A red lipstick can be worn by anyone. But what shade of red are we talking about? People with fair or light skintones (cool undertone) look so much better with blue based red lipstick and the ladies with medium to dark (warm undertone) are better off with warm reds. This gets me confused because depending on the lighting or where I will be wearing the lipstick, my color changes. Chameleon? No, maybe just neutral. I think I can pull off any shade of red. But generally, one can wear red lipstick at a formal occasion, casually during a stroll or buying groceries, and just about anywhere or anytime you need to feel bold, empowered, or look fresh.

Tupperware Colour Collection's Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine

I have here a tube of Colour Collection's Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine. It is a dark shade of red.  You can get this from Tupperware Philippines. Hey, they don't just sell plastic wares, you know. Aside from Tupperware products, they do sell the makeup brand Colour Collection as well as White Result, Ivana, Wonderbra, Playtex, Hanes, Baby Care Plus, and Kids Plus.

Taken with camera flash
Taken without flash under Daylight 865
It is kind of warm but it's really a lovely shade of dark red that puts Snow White's lips to shame. Okay, maybe it's more of the Evil Queen's. But yeah, look at the swatches. It is very pigmented. I actually just needed 1-2 swipes on my lips and I got enough color.

Colour Collection Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine
For my LOTD/FOTD/MOTD, I think this lipstick is best paired with very minimal eye color or none at all. My preference is just thick black eyeliner and mascara plus some highlighting (brows, forehead, nose, cheeks). I chose a peachy pink blush and a just a little bit of contour to avoid looking like a clown since my lips are super bold already. It's a very simple and classic look that most women can pull off, regardless of age and race.


And yes, this look makes your lips stand out! It begs to be noticed and I love, love, love the attention it gets. :) Which for me, I think, is the main point of wearing red lipstick. It's the perfect way to grab attention without even trying. So there!

I have dry lips and some of the color settled into my cracked lips. But it's nothing a lip balm can't fix. ;)
After eating a heavy meal (rice, liempo, pork chop and beans!) I still had some lipstick on!
The lipstick lasts about 4-5 hours in my experience, but I stay in an air-conditioned room so I don't know if humidity need be a factor. The staying power is great but if you drink from a glass or cup, you will leave some marks. This actually reminds me of my childhood when my mom's friends come over and they drink coffee. They leave lip marks all over the place! LOL! But that's not necessarily a bad thing because you can easily wash it off with soap and water. Ahhh, memories. And now I'm the one leaving marks! How time flies...


Even without makeup (and without showering I might add, TMI), wearing this lovely shade of red made me look fresh! It must be the Vitamin E and the extra moisturizing effect of the lipstick. Take a look at these photos below.
Taken with natural light coming from the window.
In the car, outside with cloudy skies.
Noodle Boy woke me up because a notice from the Phil Post Office came and he needed me to get the package since it was addressed to me. So I got up, didn't even bother to take a shower, brushed my teeth (ugh, morning breath!), fixed my hair and eyebrows, put on an old plaid shirt, wore my Colour Collection's Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine, and hid my sleepy eyes behind a pair of dark sunglasses. And voila...

With mi familia, taken indoor with natural light
So what was inside the package?
A new PS3 controller which is in red, too!
Even the lady at the Post Office took notice and said, "''Day, ka gwapa ba nimo karon buntaga." (Girl, you look so beautiful this morning.) CHAR!!! Little did she know I haven't even washed my face. LOL. So you see, that's the power of a red lipstick, just like Colour Collection's Vitamin E Satin Lipstick in Red Wine. Automatic boost of self-confidence right there! Awesome disguise, too!

I got this from SAMPLE ROOM.
Wanna try it?
You can leave your email below
so I can send you an invite to join Sample Room. ;)
Will I purchase this? YES! 
Will I give it as a gift? DEFINITELY!
Will I recommend it? ABSOLUTELY! 

I think everyone should have this lipstick in their collection. My lipstick army welcomes this wonderful addition. It's very affordable. The color is awesome. There is no weird taste/scent. If you don't fancy a Satin finish, Colour Collection's Vitamin E lipsticks also come in Matte and Sheer.


Oh, hey, it's Bea Alonzo!
You can check out Tupperware Brands Philippines on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and INSTAGRAM. Until my next review! Thanks for droppin' by!

4 kisses until the color stopped transferring on the paper. :)
TWITTER ★ http://twitter.com/mrsnoodleboy
FACEBOOK ★ http://facebook.com/bastaigatsikat
INSTAGRAM ★ http://instagram.com/mrsnoodleboy
PINTEREST ★ http://pinterest.com/mrsnoodleboy
BLOGS ★ http://www.bastaigatsikat.comhttp://www.mrsnoodleboy.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images